Like Tree34Likes

Tony Chan-the verdict is in.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

now he has to pick up soap in prison

For someone to describes themselves as "very poor" when he had only $730 million left suggests a screw loose somewhere.

After all the grief he has given the courts, and his ten previous convictions for obtaining property by deception, obtaining services by deception and dishonest applications for credit cards, I would not be surprised if they throw the book at him.

note that his wife ms miu chung tam accepts that he had a fling with nina wang and apparently supports him throughout this trial, she probably as obsessed with the money as his husband

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    you would think tony would've had predict the outcome
    Well he converted to Christianity and claimed fung shui was "evil":

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/a...-and-now-peter

Somehow I get the feeling he converted to Christianity not out of the goodness of his heart but to make himself look better in front of the judge and jury, that he is renouncing his old ways and embracing a new more honest path. Guess the jury didn't buy Tony's change of heart.

Here is Tony Chan's life story (so far), the Apple Daily version:

http://hk.dv.nextmedia.com/actionnew...23899/20018313

It's in cantonese ( I can probably pick up half of what they are saying), but you don't need to understand it to appreciate his story, hehehe.
    Last edited by Watercooler; 05-07-2013 at 10:15 AM.

The pic in the SCMP today - he finally has had that creepy smile wiped off his face!

Cwbguy likes this.

Reading the papers now the numbers are simply mind boggling.

He bought 17 luxury properties including Middle Gap Road for $75M, Repulse Bay $105M, Pok Fu Lam $134M, sold Bowen Road land $380M, sold RCG shares $50M, McDonald Road $34.8M.

2 private jets

and for the lawyers--$400M+(nice work if you can get it!)

Am I jealous? You guess.

Watercooler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Pure and simple greed, dumb arse even named his 1st kid "Wealthee Chan"
    So much money just wasnt enough for him, now he's fecked, owes IRD loads of money, lawyer fees. serves him right.
    I was actually in the same school with him. I feel bad for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    Reading the papers now the numbers are simply mind boggling.

He bought 17 luxury properties including Middle Gap Road for $75M, Repulse Bay $105M, Pok Fu Lam $134M, sold Bowen Road land $380M, sold RCG shares $50M, McDonald Road $34.8M.

2 private jets

and for the lawyers--$400M+(nice work if you can get it!)

Am I jealous? You guess.
    Well we can't all be fung shui gigolos can we?

Speaking of which, if you were in the same position as Tony, having placed yourself into the willing ears of an old but incredibly rich widow, would not try to enrich yourself by taking advantage of your position? Let's not pretend otherwise...(well apart from the prostituting yourself to Nina part...yuck ).
    Last edited by Watercooler; 05-07-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Original Post Deleted
    This is the part I don't get. People say Tony was motivated by greed in trying to lay his hands on Nina's massive assets. But, if he already had so much to live off of, I don't get it. He would face a real risk of getting prosecuted if he fails in his civil action. His lawyers, if they were doing their jobs properly, would have told him that. Unless if he really spent all that 700 million as claim by that earlier poster...

There is of course one other possibility...what if Tony's will was actually real? No one believed him, neither the courts or the public, but maybe the will was real all along, and given Nina's state of mind, having to experienced her husband's kidnapping (and presumable murder), you never know...
    Last edited by Watercooler; 05-07-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Well we can't all be fung shui gigolos can we?
    I'm trying:-

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+I+become+a+fung+shui+gigolo
    Watercooler likes this.