Like Tree4Likes

Hong Kong Airlines saftey?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hong Kong Airlines saftey?

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/a...-kong-airlines

What do you expect from an airline that is 45% owned by Hainan Airlines and was initially established as a helicopter business (the short lived CR Airlines - CR of course stands for China Rich)...

Parent company is Hainan Airlines.

I hope Etihad do not put him in charge of any China bound flights!

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Parent company is Hainan Airlines.
    Thus it raised quite a few eyebrows in the industry when Hong Kong Airlines was granted their Hong Kong AOC.

The guy just seems bitter to me. If the pilots are as bad as he says why has there been no incidents. Cant be luck because he said they struggled to keep the planes on the runway in the sim

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by auss:
    The guy just seems bitter to me. If the pilots are as bad as he says why has there been no incidents. Cant be luck because he said they struggled to keep the planes on the runway in the sim
    He didn't say 'they' (as in most or all), he said 'he encountered "captains who could not do approaches … guys drifting off the runway and almost crashing, totally misunderstanding the whole safety issues of the aircraft and losing an engine".'

Which to me reads different captains had problems with different issues and some of those simulations involve situations that do not generally occur during normal operation of the aircraft (like the above mentioned engine failure).

It's also mentioned in the article that those who fail can undergo retraining and I assume some of them may eventually pass but Allan obviously sees some concern in the fact that many of them fail in the first place:
    At Cathay, I failed one or two guys in 21 years. At this airline, it was two a week. They were that bad. The standards were so poor."
    Last edited by Raccon; 22-07-2013 at 02:10 AM.

Like this one?
    http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...axiway-316283/

And this, more generally: http://www.wcarn.com/cache/news/20/20677.html
    Last edited by Gruntfuttock; 22-07-2013 at 02:25 AM.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Gruntfuttock's links are just the tip of the iceberg, there were lots of incidents. The CAD's move mentioned in the second link actually says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    What do you expect from an airline that is 45% owned by Hainan Airlines and was initially established as a helicopter business (the short lived CR Airlines - CR of course stands for China Rich)...
    Correction - CRAsh Air

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast