Like Tree18Likes

Maid case

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    The family most likely don't have payment receipts so she may have a case there.
    Not sure they are that stupid. They would probably have asked for receipts and not given her anything but some promises.

I just can't believe the diapers and the 5-day-chained story.

Quote Originally Posted by climber07:
    People have gone 8 to 10 days without water and survived (much longer with water, but no food).
    Wouldn't you require hospitalization after such an ordeal?

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    5 days without water?

Hmmm
    while tied to a chair wearing a nappy

hmmm indeed

look I don't doubt there was some very bad stuff going on - apparently the police found fresh wounds on her back that couldn't have been self inflicted - but much of her story sound highly improbable. I get there are some animals out there but to say "goodbye, we're off on holiday. Oh and by the way, see that chair, that chain and that diaper..." It sounds way too improbable
    Last edited by shenwen; 27-08-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Given that the couple will be tried under the presumption of innocence, how is she supposed to prove her story, other than the fresh wounds which were found to be not self-inflicted?

If they were my employer not a single second dare to touch me with their fingers... When they knew they could they will...They are such a sick people who needs mental assistance.

INXS likes this.

Unbelievable (if any of that is true):

Terrified maid prayed to be rescued from ‘beasts’

[...]

Giving evidence in the District Court Kartika Puspitasari, 30, also made further allegations against the pair, including that she was forced to work wearing only a translucent plastic bag and a diaper.

[...]

While out with Au, the employer watched her every move and if she talked to people in the street she would be beaten up when they got home.

[...]

Kartika said she was given only one meal in three days. When she was hungry they sometimes fed her salt and she was also forced to drink toilet water.

Once she scavenged for food in the rubbish bin and when Tai found out he scolded her for eating without his permission.

[...]

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_d...sear_year=2013

The decision came after a forensic expert testifying in the trial of Kartika Puspitasari's employers said 45 injury marks found on the 30-year-old's body were unlikely to be self- inflicted.

The two defendants chose not to enter a plea.
    stinkingshitbags

Considering that the pathologist says the marks on her wrists and legs are consistent with being tied up, has a burn made by an iron on her and other markings consistent with being beaten that are unlikely self inflicted, it isn't a big leap to believe that these scumbags might have denied her food and water.

Found guilty. See http://rthk.hk/rthk/news/englishnews...0918&56&950667

The female employer received a five-and-a-half year sentence, and her husband three-and-a-quarter years.