Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By shenwen

CY Leung: 20% HK Residents Are Piss Poor

Closed Thread

CY Leung: 20% HK Residents Are Piss Poor

Fifth of Hong Kong residents live below poverty line, new index shows

Hong Kong (CNN) -- Hong Kong, with its glittering skyscrapers and luxury malls, is home to some of the world's richest people but new government figures show that a fifth of its population lives in poverty.

About 1.3 million people, or 19.6%, of the population were deemed to be living below the poverty line in 2012, according to the Hong Kong Poverty Situation Report 2012 released on the weekend.

Leung Chun-ying, would announce a package of measures early next year to help those struggling to make ends meet.

The 2012 poverty line for one-person households was set at a monthly income of 3,600 Hong Kong dollars ($464); 7,700 Hong Kong dollars ($993) for a two-person household, 11,500 Hong Kong dollars ($1,483) for a three-person household and 14,300 Hong Kong dollars ($1,844) for a four-person household.
    HK is Poor

Innovative package?

In other words, another 6K HKD for me and you...

The longer I live here to more I see Hongkongers as a bunch of whiners. All these 'poor' people are living in virtually free government housing. Yeah, it's not great but it's a roof over their heads. How much do they pay rent? 1000-2500HKD a month?

There are over 250 million migrant workers in the mainland. Now those dudes have it rough. Hongkongers should start appreciating what they've got compared to their brothers and sisters up north.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    The longer I live here to more I see Hongkongers as a bunch of whiners. All these 'poor' people are living in virtually free government housing. Yeah, it's not great but it's a roof over their heads. How much do they pay rent? 1000-2500HKD a month?

There are over 250 million migrant workers in the mainland. Now those dudes have it rough. Hongkongers should start appreciating what they've got compared to their brothers and sisters up north.
    is that argument what people generally call "whataboutery"?

RinkoWingman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by garycyk:

Some new immigrant who receive $12700 CSSA per month and still complaining their live is more misery than farming in Mainland
    cause HK have been forced to receive 150 poor immigrant everyday
    True! Nobody needs them mainlanders here, it's all but political. They cause new and more problems than they benefit the city, if at all. Chicomms think long term as they always did with their 5-years plans and all that Commi crap. As for Hong Kong, they obviously try to gradually undermine and marginalize their enemy (pro West and pro Democracy Hongkongers) from within by flooding the city with everything mainland until their enemy has become the minority, too small to be heard and unable to achieve anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    The longer I live here to more I see Hongkongers as a bunch of whiners. All these 'poor' people are living in virtually free government housing.
    Agree! I am doing well with my $50,000+ a month. So, why don't these "poor" people shut up and give my sensitive ears a rest?

Some new immigrant who receive $12700 CSSA per month and still complaining their live is more misery than farming in Mainland
    think i much prefer this than constant complaints by a few posters here, cough cough... on mainlanders and non-whites.

what's the difference? they are complaining and you are complaining. and you complain about other people complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    think i much prefer this than constant complaints by a few posters here, cough cough... on mainlanders and non-whites.

what's the difference? they are complaining and you are complaining. and you complain about other people complaining?
    Complaints office
    "I want to complain.

You want to complain? Look at these shoes, I've only had'em 5 minutes and the heels are worn right through, and my back hurts and when are we getting a fine day and I'm sick and tired of this office....."

Monty Python.

Quote Originally Posted by cheepo:
    Agree! I am doing well with my $50,000+ a month. So, why don't these "poor" people shut up and give my sensitive ears a rest?
    If you're 'doing well' then why are you a tight arse?