Like Tree26Likes

Should President Aquino apologise?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by cheepo:
    If the hostages killed by these cops had been Americans, you would see the president going to the US and get on his knees to do something more than begging for forgiveness.
    Really? What do you base this on? Did it happen before?
    I guess it's the double standard that the HK people don't like.
    You're not local, you just dont understand

If the hostages killed by these cops had been Americans, you would see the president going to the US and get on his knees to do something more than begging for forgiveness.

I guess it's the double standard that the HK people don't like.
    Cheepo, if the hostages were killed by Americans, the impotent little Chinese governmental officials would have tucked tails between legs and found a different way to try to make themselves feel important. How's that for double standards?

fresh of the press

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/breaki...d_str=20131023

The mayor of the Philippine capital will formally apologise over the deaths of eight Hong Kong tourists in a 2010 hostage crisis, an aide said Wednesday, despite the president insisting none should be given.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Really? What do you base this on? Did it happen before?
    Otherwise he would become a communist or a terrorist and be overthrown, or die of cancer like Chavez.

Otherwise he would become a communist or a terrorist and be overthrown, or die of cancer like Chavez.
    As usual, your idiotic commentary makes it hard to have an itelligent conversation with you. HAND Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    I thought he had already apologised but that was deemed unacceptable as he was not the mayor at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by dipstick:
    I thought he had already apologised but that was deemed unacceptable as he was not the mayor at the time?
    You thought wrong:

The mayor of the Philippine capital will formally apologise over the deaths of eight Hong Kong tourists in a 2010 hostage crisis, an aide said Wednesday, despite the president insisting none should be given.
    But President Benigno Aquino has consistently refused to make a formal apology on behalf of the national government, insisting the deaths were primarily caused by the actions of the hostage taker.

You thought wrong:
    Can't see how either of those quotes show he has not apologised before
    Koen likes this.

If the hostages killed by these cops had been Americans, you would see the president going to the US and get on his knees to do something more than begging for forgiveness...
    Makes sense that he would.

...I guess it's the double standard that the HK people don't like.
    They are just going to have to live with that.

http://gulfnews.com/news/region/liby...eath-1.1079306
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 24-10-2013 at 02:31 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5