Like Tree149Likes

Indonesian Maid Severely Beaten by HK Employer, Returns Home

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Indonesian Maid Severely Beaten by HK Employer, Returns Home

http://hongwrong.com/maid-abuse/

Warning - Graphic images

When I 1st saw the title I thought it was about the maid that was tied up and left for a few days when the employers went on holiday but it seems this is a new case and looking at the picture taken at HKIA on her departure, it made my blood boil

The animal employers live in TKO, I hope to see a picture of them in the news and If I do bump into them, I want to give them a taste of their own medicine.
    gunsnroses, scrambler and anar like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    http://hongwrong.com/maid-abuse/

Warning - Graphic images

When I 1st saw the title I thought it was about the maid that was tied up and left for a few days when the employers went on holiday but it seems this is a new case and looking at the picture taken at HKIA on her departure, it made my blood boil

The animal employers live in TKO, I hope to see a picture of them in the news and If I do bump into them, I want to give them a taste of their own medicine.
    Please call me when you meet them...
    Horrible animals, how can you treat another person like that!!!
    Fucking pschycopaths.

If you need help beating those servile trash "employers" hit me up.
    Truly shocking.

I swear, I respect so called HK'ers in this town less every day I'm here.

I'd be surprised this ends up in the rag papers though.
    No doubt pushed aside by another "well everything/everyone in HK is just great" article.

While I think what is going on is shocking, however, what is the point in suggesting that you will inflict physical pain to another human being?

Doesn't that make you just as bad as the person who did the original beating?

Regardless of what the other person did, you are basically suggesting that you will commit a crime.

USA40-40 likes this.

It'll be interesting to see what sort of fatuous, deflective comment the "Hong Kong Employers of Domestic Helpers Association" comes up with in this case.

I hope that a criminal case is in the works, though it might not be effective with the victim quite understandably having fled the country.

A window into people's character when in response to a heinous crime, they advocate the same response and on top of it try to tarnish every HKer for the actions of the few. The identity of the employer has not even been released, they could be from anywhere.

It is and would be appalling for the government/police not to pursue whoever is responsible to the full extent and one would think a civil case to gain damages would also be a recourse. I believe a long lasting punishment such as a multi year prison sentence would be far more appropriate then a senseless beating. Where are those ambulance chasers when you need them...

Last edited by Swannie; 13-01-2014 at 06:21 PM.
    INXS and Fatelvis like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    While I think what is going on is shocking, however, what is the point in suggesting that you will inflict physical pain to another human being?

Doesn't that make you just as bad as the person who did the original beating?

Regardless of what the other person did, you are basically suggesting that you will commit a crime.
    pin, I understand and agree that taking a law in one's hand is not the right way, but wtb and my reaction is the initial outburst/reaction when we looked at the atrocity.

I can't reach hkwrong.com from work. Works for others?
    Edit: Works now. It went down for a while.

Shocking indeed.

Last edited by krypton; 13-01-2014 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by krypton:
    I can't reach hkwrong.com from work. Works for others?
    Edit: Works now. It went down for a while.

Shocking indeed.
    The site seems to be quite slow.

The employers are first to blame, but I still blame the HK for a severe lack of oversight in regards to the FDH scheme. The very system of requiring poor people from other countries opens the doors to abuses like these and the government itself should shoulder some of the blame for not doing enough to prevent abuses.

End the requirement that helpers live in.

End the stupid, self serving rule that helpers have to leave Hong Kong two weeks after employment ceases. (this gives helpers no recourse to fight abuses as they fear they will be forced out of HK)

Raise the minimum wage required to own...er employ a helper. People making 15K a month can barely afford to live themself, let alone employ a helper.

Conduct random, anonymous searches of people's flats to see if they are complying with housing guidelines

Most importantly, create a free, anonymous hotline where helpers can report abuses and action will be taken. Most helpers feel (and rightfully so) that little will be done if they report an abuse. Most in fact feel they will lose their jobs and be sent home in 2 weeks. That is a problem.

Stiffen penalties for offenders. Long prison sentences and big fines.

The current system fails to do enough to protect these poor women. To blame only the people who committed this heinous act would be letting the Hong Kong government off the hook. You have to ask yourself are they doing enough to prevent such acts and protect these women who are in a most vulnerable position?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast