Like Tree14Likes

The Heung Yee Kuk, holding hostage the rest of HK?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Jimbo is an HYK member.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Is it for real or is it just some British humor?

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Jimbo is an HYK member.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Shhhhhhhhhh pin stop telling everybody my business

Quote Originally Posted by richteralan:
    Is it for real or is it just some British humor?
    a HYK member , villager and BC holder
    richteralan likes this.

There's some interesting graphs on there. They say 7% of land is residential. Do you know what percentage of that land is being used by the small house policy (with existing and likely-to-be-used in the future houses/land)? And what percentage of the population qualifies for these houses? And what percentage of the population lives in these houses?

Working as a teacher and reading students' essays on different local topics I find that they like to talk about the housing issue. They do bring up the one-way permit scheme, but rarely if never do they bring up the small house policy. I wonder if the younger generation is a bit ignorant about it and how it's hurting the overall housing situation in Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    Sorry I mean 200k advantage which is the price of a ding in Yuen Long, Sheung Shui, Tuen Mun area.
    actually prices vary accordingly to remoteness of the actualy area, ie, a village 20 mins drive and 5 mins walk to main road will probably sell for HK$200k, but ding rights for a village only 10 mins walk to town centre of yuen long would sell for around HK$600k, also, it's also proven illegal to sell your 'ding rights' to commercial developers as shown in a landmark case a few years when the seller and developer were sent to prison for this illegal sale of 'ding rights', however, selling to a private individual is a grey area and there apparently no convictions so far

qing is not really chinese in a tradional sense, it's manchurian culture which is related to mongolian culture (they share the similar language and customs), i doubt an obscure and old law can be applied in hk now, but it will be interesting on how this saga concludes

Here's a gem... "Land rights are not discriminatory as they're not available to everyone"...

Male only toilets, without the presence of female toilets are therefore not discriminatory?

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ecause-not-all

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Here's a gem... "Land rights are not discriminatory as they're not available to everyone"...

Male only toilets, without the presence of female toilets are therefore not discriminatory?

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ecause-not-all
    Yet we're talking about the "availability" to make hundreds of thousands if not millions, not take a piss...

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Yet we're talking about the "availability" to make hundreds of thousands if not millions, not take a piss...
    One man's piss is another man's golden shower... never mind.
    Elegiaque likes this.