Like Tree86Likes

No more Cum Recycling :(

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

No more Cum Recycling :(

Hong Kong is full of oddities, a throwback to the days of old with many ancient words still in use.

One of the funny ones is the use of "cum" -- long abandoned in the west due to its other "rude" meaning, its still in use in Hong Kong, mostly on some emergency buildings (Fire Station cum Ambulance Depot) and more recently on various Litter cum Recyclables collection bin.

They've been around for a few years now but for some reason, this tiny humourous piece of Hong Kong is leaving us. To my horror of horrors, this morning while walking the dogs I discovered that someone has covered up the cum and replaced it with a /
    Its been done with some green tape but it looks professional so I suspect the same thing will happen to all over the territory eventually.

We still have our cum depots so its not all lost but I fear they will be next....

replaced with what?

Make a stand for cum recycling and remove the tape!

Our village cum recycling is still there so far. Does make me wonder what year their English grammar books where written in.

oh no!!!!!

Huh? Can someone translate? I feel like I just read a paragraph in Chinese..

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket
    Huh? Can someone translate? I feel like I just read a paragraph in Chinese..
    These things are all over HK. This morning, I found the one in Happy Valley has been changed. They have taped over the cum. I'll get a picture next time I'm near the cum receptacle.

Old version:

How much are they going to spend on this?

This is awful news. I've been a regular recycler, but now I'm not sure where to shove it.

Sent from my GT-S5301 using GeoClicks mobile app

bookblogger and Stoob like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs
    These things are all over HK. This morning, I found the one in Happy Valley has been changed. They have taped over the cum. I'll get a picture next time I'm near the cum receptacle.

Old version:
    Thanks, yes, see these all over. Never knew the term...CUM as you said. Always just thought of them as recycling bins.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast