Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By East_coast

Copy and Paste from the CCP playbook - 'inciting social disorder'

Closed Thread

Couldn't they at least create a new phrase rather using the well worn anti-dissident mainland phrase of 'inciting social disorder'.

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/a...vists#comments

If they tried to actively make the police politicised they could not do a better job.

A little sad but still very ominous, Thanks Andy

Last edited by East_coast; 07-07-2014 at 09:20 PM.

And so it begins.

"and not providing food for six hours after arrest."

OMG!!

*sarcasm*

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    "and not providing food for six hours after arrest."*
    That the SCMP choose to dilute the story and distract the reader with the minor complaints of a few protesters is very interesting.

A less sympathetic approach would have been to highlight other areas where the police have adopted pro-CCP tactics.
    drumbrake and shri like this.

To be honest, I am not sure if that really is the case. You read into these stories what you want to read.

I could come up with numerous examples where prime news time has been wasted with minor details (related to China and not).

Exhibit 1:

HK persons arrested and imprisoned in SZ night club. overnight, let go because not Chinese citizens and HK gov stepping in.

Pearl News at 7:30 broadcasting how dozens of the arrested get released at border. an interview with an alleged criminal who was just released at the HK border.

Interview: it was terrible, human rights and all that, because didn't get a toothbrush.

My take: only in HK.

Last edited by 100LL; 08-07-2014 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    To be honest, I am not sure if that really is the case. You read into these stories what you want to read.

I could come up with numerous examples where prime news time has been wasted with minor details (related to China and not).

Exhibit 1:

HK persons arrested and imprisoned in SZ night club. overnight, let go because not Chinese citizens and HK gov stepping in.

Pearl News at 7:30 broadcasting how dozens of the arrested get released at border. an interview with an alleged criminal who was just released at the HK border.

Interview: it was terrible, human rights and all that, because didn't get a toothbrush.

My take: only in HK.
    Wasn't the principle gripe of the students about the lack of access to lawyers and how the police seemed overwhelmed with the lack of food, water and toilet facilities lower down on their list of issues? I would agree choosing to repeat the water and food aspect of their complaints does seem to trivialise the issue but it probably does show the police were professional but somewhat busy.

But you are probably correct the bias in the reader is very important.
    Last edited by East_coast; 09-07-2014 at 04:53 AM.