Like Tree10Likes

Why not let Hong Kong people be as miserable as everyone else!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Why not let Hong Kong people be as miserable as everyone else!

Am I the only one that keeps thinking of this Chris Rock video (1:25) when Hong Kong people and newspapers go on about wanting to choose their next chief executive?

Go on, let them have democracy and be as miserable as the rest of us!

Watercooler and Stu79 like this.

Hahaha.

But I think many Hong Kong people are already a miserable lot with or without democracy.

Last edited by Watercooler; 16-07-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Regardless of issue, I think Hongkongers in general are very unhappy about the lack of opportunities today compared to pre-1997 days. In a sense, I feel many are still clinging on to the golden days of Hong Kong, which I do offer my opinion that it certainly has a different vibe than today. Nonetheless people should think creatively and plan for the future, not the past. Hongkong's economic niche is losing standing as days go on without further innovation.

Even without this universal suffrage movement, there will always be another issue. Nobody complains when there is money to be shared and resources available for exploit. Magnify that 10x when Hongkongers are dominated by mainlanders who benefited from China's boom.

Remember many locals earn 10-20k monthly salary. To understand them, you need to look beyond the expat lifestyle.

Gatts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by A_New_Life:
    Regardless of issue, I think Hongkongers in general are very unhappy about the lack of opportunities today compared to pre-1997 days. In a sense, I feel many are still clinging on to the golden days of Hong Kong, which I do offer my opinion that it certainly has a different vibe than today. Nonetheless people should think creatively and plan for the future, not the past. Hongkong's economic niche is losing standing as days go on without further innovation.

Even without this universal suffrage movement, there will always be another issue. Nobody complains when there is money to be shared and resources available for exploit. Magnify that 10x when Hongkongers are dominated by mainlanders who benefited from China's boom.

Remember many locals earn 10-20k monthly salary. To understand them, you need to look beyond the expat lifestyle.
    I thought you said you are new to HK? You sure seem to know alot about this city for someone new here.

I used to spend my summer vacations here.

Sent from my GT-I9105P using GeoClicks mobile app

Watercooler likes this.

Ok, got it. Now that you are here long-term (well, longer than your summer vacations anyway), what is your impression of HK? Still the same as it was during the summer vacations? Or different? in a good or positive way?
    Last edited by Watercooler; 17-07-2014 at 07:54 PM.

Your questions are Off topic . PM if you like.

My opinion of democracy is a joke. The people do have more power than dictatorships but human nature naturally bands in groups and in the case of democracy the power lies more with corporations, at least the US version of democracy.

Elegiaque likes this.

Your questions are Off topic . PM if you like.

My opinion of democracy is a joke. The people do have more power than dictatorships but human nature naturally bands in groups and in the case of democracy the power lies more with corporations, at least the US version of democracy.

I won't comment on your view, just don't tell that to the democrats in HK.

Oh for fuck sake HK people are as dumb as dog shit if they seriously think a chosen representative will make one iota of difference in anything

Grumbler likes this.

you spent your SUMMER vacations in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast