Like Tree1Likes

Schools open on Monday?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Schools open on Monday?

Quick question. Do any of you teachers know if there are any plans to close schools? Specially ones which have school buses going through the Kowloon tunnel.

Always check EDB website for the latest news PS I teach in a local school

Well the teachers are on strike so I don't see how the schools would open. I imagine there will be an announcement in the morning to confirm one way or another

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    Well the teachers are on strike so I don't see how the schools would open. I imagine there will be an announcement in the morning to confirm one way or another
    Officially teachers are not on strike: PTU is urging teachers to 罷教 (to go on strike) but I doubt it will happen. So far hk teachers have only been on strike once and that happened some 30 years ago according to my colleagues. On the other hand some schools may be forced to close due to their proximity to the protest area. As I said keep a close eye on the EDB website: EDB has the final say whether schools will open tmr or not.
    Mat likes this.

Some ESF schools have sent an email that some schools may be affected.

When was the last time a strike was called?

Due to the disturbance to traffic by Occupy Central, the Education Bureau announced that classes of all kindergartens, primary schools, secondary schools and special schools in the Wan Chai and Central & Western districts would be suspended today (September 29). Schools should remain open and arrange staff to look after students who might arrive. The Education Bureau reminds parents and students to place safety as top priority when making any arrangements. School lists by district are available at the EDB website (School Lists by District).
    From EDB website.

Some cross harbour school buses have been diverted through Western Tunnel instead of the usual Kowloon Tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    When was the last time a strike was called?
    Unless misaken the 70ies/80ies

Our school is open. Son not happy as he has a lot of gaming buddies from Island School.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast