Like Tree1Likes

Equality watchdog's consultation perverts family values, school heads say

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quite a number of openly gay pop stars in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Must have not gotten the memos from various other Lutheran organisations (I went to a Lutheran school for a while and found them to be rather liberal ... had to look up their views on gay rights to confirm).
    Guess it depends what flavour of Lutheran you are, The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Hong Kong appears to prefer the non-homosexual flavour:

the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Hong Kong regards homosexual practice as a sin and expressly states this in our discipline handbook
    Letter from Bp. Nicholas Tai, Evangelical Lutheran Church of Hong Kong — Lutheran Forum

Got it.. My Lutherans were Norwegian hippies...

Well given that same-sex marriages and non-married relationships are not recognised for immigration purposes this hardly comes as a surprise.

Given that Singapore just made gay sex a crime this hardly surprises me.

In other news on the Beijing MTR you can get arrested today for wearing Halloween-themed costumes.

Progressive & open-minded area of the world we live in folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    Given that Singapore just made gay sex a crime this hardly surprises me.

In other news on the Beijing MTR you can get arrested today for wearing Halloween-themed costumes.

Progressive & open-minded area of the world we live in folks.
    I think in Singapore they are not repealing an old British law making gay sex a crime; at the same time they are not (generally?) enforcing the law.

Singapore’s Ban on Gay Male Sex Is Upheld by Top Court - Bloomberg

Male homosexuality has (only) been legal in Hong Kong since 1991. Is that a long time, or a short time? Attitudes are changing, maybe too fast for some, too slowly for others.