Like Tree9Likes

HK Indigenous rights violated

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Can't be the indigenous of the NT, they are overwhelmingly blind patriots.

Every time I talk politics with them, they always lose but remain blindly patriotic - then it hits me they are essentially a bunch of uneducated oiks whose thoughts and knowledge are shaped by Wenwen Po and Oriental Daily.

Much like politics on the Global Times forum, the blind patriots then resort to name calling such as "guai sing" (western nature) when they know that they cannot win. At the end of the day, they hate thinking too much and view any new ideas as unnecessary trouble making..... at which point the phrase "playing a piano to a bull" comes to mind.

Last edited by ray98; 26-02-2015 at 02:11 PM.

They're one of the groups that organized the parallel trading protests in Tuen Mun & Shatin.

Civic Passion would be another one.

They also marched through the Victoria Park Lunar New Year market and verbally blasted the DAB & FTU stalls.

Last edited by threesummers; 26-02-2015 at 02:23 PM.
    Cho-man likes this.

Richard Scotford has been writing about them.

https://www.facebook.com/RichScotfor...=page_internal

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:
    To be honest, I'm pretty sure these types of groups are spied on every where around the world, including US and UK.
    probably true but i don't think HK has any legal basis for the police or any secret service spying on HK people

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    probably true but i don't think HK has any legal basis for the police or any secret service spying on HK people
    They call it MONITORING LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    Wait, who is this "HK indigneous"?

Is he referring to himself as an indigneous villager of NT? A member of Heung Yee Kuk? Or someone challenging the old guard of the indigneous villagers?

Who are we talking about here?
    I think what the reporter's definition of indigenous mean the 'localists'

The people in walled village won't care about the parallel goods trading
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ray98:
    Can't be the indigenous of the NT, they are overwhelmingly blind patriots.

Every time I talk politics with them, they always lose but remain blindly patriotic - then it hits me they are essentially a bunch of uneducated oiks whose thoughts and knowledge are shaped by Wenwen Po and Oriental Daily.

Much like politics on the Global Times forum, the blind patriots then resort to name calling such as "guai sing" (western nature) when they know that they cannot win. At the end of the day, they hate thinking too much and view any new ideas as unnecessary trouble making..... at which point the phrase "playing a piano to a bull" comes to mind.
    The villagers in NT are not blind patriots. But now they collude with the China government as they want to maintain their concession such as New Territories Small House Policy after 2047

Quote Originally Posted by cykgary:
    I think what the reporter's definition of indigenous mean the 'localists'
    They call themselves HK Indigenous, here's a link to their website

http://www.hkindigenous.com/
    Cho-man and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesindave:
    They call themselves HK Indigenous, here's a link to their website
    For those that can read Chinese.
    Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cykgary:
    The villagers in NT are not blind patriots. But now they collude with the China government as they want to maintain their concession such as New Territories Small House Policy after 2047
    That's not consistent with my discussions in Sap Sze Heung. They are seemingly blind patriots, they spout the usual crap like "we are Chinese and things are good, so why rock the boat?"...comments not based on any objective reason or basis. Might be different where you are though.