Like Tree79Likes

Yuen Long - Sun, Mar 1st

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesindave:
    I think I made that quite clear.
    No, not really.

Did they confirm they were parallel traders first? And are you defending those actions? I don't see how you can justify that. If you were not a parallel trader, but just a mainland traveler who just happen to pass by the protests and got your suitcase kicked and being subjected to verbal abuse, how would you feel?

Anyway, the bigger point is that its not enough if you say actual situation isn't like what the papers reported. You got to tell the media that. That is what can make a difference in swaying public opinion. Write a letter to the editor of the SCMP, do what you can, if it matters so much to represent your side of the story.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 10-03-2015 at 01:10 AM.

All of the media were there on Sunday and saw what I saw, but have instead chosen not to report the facts. Even Apple Daily have been claiming that old man was innocent. Which they all know is far from the truth.

TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesindave:
    All of the media were there on Sunday and saw what I saw, but have instead chosen not to report the facts. Even Apple Daily have been claiming that old man was innocent. Which they all know is far from the truth.
    So was the action of these protesters justified or not? That is the point.

In any case, on the old man, that is indeed curious. Why would Apple Daily do that? They are one of the most staunchly pro-democratic and anti-CCP paper in HK. If this old man is not as innocent as he claims to be, then they sure would know.

Unless you might have misinterpreted what happen? Like I said, if you still believe so strongly in your version of events, don't tell me, tell the papers, or the international media. Make your voice heard beyond this forum. That is how you can (try) to combat the pro-establishment's grip on the media.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 10-03-2015 at 01:09 AM.

Here's also a post which highlights the selective footage of the media. In an earlier post, Scotford also pointed out that the ML lady with the child was also provoking the protesters first, and not the other way around.

http://t.co/AZtebHCVTw

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    So was the action of these protesters justified or not? That is the point.
    Actions like this cannot be justified, but an escalation due to the inaction of the Government.
    Some people are just sick and tired of holding hands and having a singalong in Victoria Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip101:
    Actions like this cannot be justified, but an escalation due to the inaction of the Government.
    Some people are just sick and tired of holding hands and having a singalong in Victoria Park.
    But kicking and berating random mainland travelers won't necessarily help your cause, provocation or not.

These protesters aren't smart enough, they are playing right into the hands of the pro-establishment media and their backers. They need to act fast on damage control and refocus on the central issue: parallel traders. Right now, we can already see the establishment media zeroing in on their alleged conduct, not the parallel trade issue.

Those who were there saying its different is preaching to the converted here. They need to get their voice heard outside of this forum. Swaying public opinion is a battle and the protesters need to get smart real quick on this.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 10-03-2015 at 12:05 PM.
    Gatts likes this.

bookblogger likes this.

How 'youth' is that lady?

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10