Like Tree30Likes

Is safe to come to HK?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mlclau:
    You'll be completely fine.

Unless of course, one of your hobbies, for whatever reason, involves spending time wheeling suitcase around the New Territories near the border.
    Just for sh*ts & giggles, when I visit in June, I'll spend some quality time wheeling my suitcase around in Causeway Bay. Will squat down once in a while too. Heck, will squat down on top of my suitcase.
    Titus, shri and Fiona in HKG like this.

U better dont come, if u feel worry. wot u hinting reflects wot kinda answer u expecting.

Bear in mind any of those scrawny medical masks thugs attack you, you could do a roundhouse to their face after a Danish Royal Marines battle cry and probably get a non-custodial sentence in return for first offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus:
    Bear in mind any of those scrawny medical masks thugs attack you, you could do a roundhouse to their face after a Danish Royal Marines battle cry and probably get a non-custodial sentence in return for first offense.
    Saw a disgusting video of a bunch of these HK thugs harassing a Mainland tourist and her 5 yr old daughter. They accused her of hoarding goods for resale. Demanded she open her luggage. She did and nothing was inside, except her and her child's personal belongings. These punk-ass thugs then told her she shouldn't be in HK anyway. All this time, the child is clinging to her mom scared and crying.
    Cho-man and Titus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by okey dokey:
    U better dont come, if u feel worry. wot u hinting reflects wot kinda answer u expecting.
    That made me think, its funny because I can only think of a few places in the similar category as HK (major global metropolis) that is actually safer than HK. Singapore and Tokyo perhaps? And both of those cities also have their share of crimes too.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 31-03-2015 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bunko8:
    Saw a disgusting video of a bunch of these HK thugs harassing a Mainland tourist and her 5 yr old daughter. They accused her of hoarding goods for resale. Demanded she open her luggage. She did and nothing was inside, except her and her child's personal belongings. These punk-ass thugs then told her she shouldn't be in HK anyway. All this time, the child is clinging to her mom scared and crying.
    The woman in the video was identified as an active member of the blue ribbon group.
    From other sources, the woman deliberately confronted the protesters and wouldn't back down. If that was the case, then the woman was endangering the child for publicity. Any right minded mother would have taken their little girl on a wide detour on seeing a protest march.
    Last edited by Philip101; 31-03-2015 at 12:35 AM.
    Cho-man likes this.

is HK safe? No especially when it's raining you better watch out for your eyes. A group of thugs operate all around Hong Kong trying to stab you in the eyes with their umbrellas. You've been warned!

Quote Originally Posted by bunko8:
    Yep that's the one I'm referring to. And the old man who was kicked and was telling the reporter afterwards that he just came to HK with his savings to buy some toys you can't get in Shenzhen for his grandkids. If some motherfker kicked my grandpa because he was trying to buy me toys, you bet I'd hate HK people for the rest of my life. Those cowards are a disgrace to the human race.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip101:
    The woman in the video was identified as an active member of the blue ribbon group.
    From other sources, the woman deliberately confronted the protesters and wouldn't back down. If that was the case, then the woman was endangering the child for publicity. Any right minded mother would have taken their little girl on a wide detour on seeing a protest march.
    Any links to the details on how they identified her as such? There's a lot of these "share this and repost!" without any kind of evidence on BOTH sides these days I don't really believe either side much unless there's something solid. Even then there's been cases of photos and videos edited on BOTH sides.
    LOL there were mothers who brought their kids to get pepper sprayed saying apparently that's a good civic lesson.

There is certainly a fraction of anti-mainlander sentiment here, but not enough for you to be worried. As others pointed out, you will likely be viewed as a westernized returner. Just speak your fluent English with the locals if they give you a hard time and they'll back off.