Like Tree31Likes

HELPERS – Regina Ip Deletes Column Condemning Sexual Behaviour of Filipino Helpers & Media Bias

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

"Dear Regina,

As a respected woman and member of the LegCo, I was wondering if you could help me. My husband keeps sneaking into my helper's room at night. Is this illegal? If not, can you please pass a law making it illegal? I would prefer you to take legal action against him, rather than dealing myself with the problems in my marriage, or firing the helper, or getting my own boyfriend on the side. This seems to me the most straightforward approach.

Kind regards,

An American/Australian/British citizen who does not vote in HK elections"

Plus is it that hard to employ a not good looking one (if u ever worry ur hubby might cheat) Regina...really...time to retire.

Cho-man and 100LL like this.

What concerns me is what Ip wrote is, which is just pure bigotry, is what many people in power in HK actually believe.

I really do hope that this doesn't just blow away, but actually blows up, so she is forced to resign and the HK public actually show that they don't agree with such bigoted politicians. Cherry on the cake will be that she then has no chance of becoming CE.

Oh, and now Ip is claiming that she meant "no offence". The lady is clearly a clueless wonder.

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/p...filipino-maids

Last edited by pin; 20-04-2015 at 08:58 PM.

In other words, she'll make a fine CE in the eyes of Beijing.

David Smith
    I meant no offence, Regina Ip says as helpers plan protests over maids bedding bosses claims | South China Morning Post

Executive councillor Regina Ip Lau Suk-yee says she will be more careful about what she posts on the internet after her comments about domestic helpers sleeping with expatriate bosses sparked a public outcry, with two protests against her planned this week.

"I will be more careful. Any unfortunate wording could be spread very quickly and cause widespread misunderstanding," she said after the ceremony, at which her site won gold prize in a category for lawmakers.
    Brainless women, she originally published it in Ming Pao , one of the city's leading newspapers, (as well as on her own website). And newsflash for Regina: newspapers have websites too, the difference being it is a bit harder to get them to remove unfortunate articles than it would be from your own website (although these days who knows..).

Shame she didn't say it on one of her many TV interviews with international media. I think this will blow past, but if it was in a TV interview broadcast around the world it might sink her.

Quote Originally Posted by David Smith:
    I meant no offence, Regina Ip says as helpers plan protests over maids bedding bosses claims | South China Morning Post

Brainless women, she originally published it in Ming Pao , one of the city's leading newspapers, (as well as on her own website). And newsflash for Regina: newspapers have websites too, the difference being it is a bit harder to get them to remove unfortunate articles than it would be from your own website (although these days who knows..).

Shame she didn't say it on one of her many TV interviews with international media. I think this will blow past, but if it was in a TV interview broadcast around the world it might sink her.
    Fairly gutless IMO. She was wrong to say it, should admit she was wrong and apologise unreservedly. She would get more respect by doing that than now - appearing to squirm out of it by putting it down to a misunderstanding and carelessness. As a wannabe CE, she has demonstrated serious lack of foresight (not that she had a snowball in Hell's chance to start off with).

Surely as a wannabe CE, she is following in the hallowed tradition of shifting blame or inventing 'misunderstandings'?

I was assuming that even Beijing wouldn't appoint someone who appeared totally incompetent other than for reasons of loving the CPC

The story is now in the french newspapers...so it is doing the round...

Dear Regina,

It takes two to tango.

Yours Truly
    Alfeno