Like Tree13Likes

Man pooping

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Well, at PE MTR station there is a Mac Donald less than a mn walk away....when a pressing need come, it doesn't come within 30 seconds...it builds up for a little while (at least a few minutes)....in a city like HK...you have options.....and in the worst case I'd rather do in my pants - and go to the nearest toilets after to clean as much as possible - than squat in the middle of an MTR station.
    So would I... but the fact is, there is no standard rule of thumb you can follow regarding knowing/finding a toilet at a HK MTR station.
    It's crazy, I KNOW there will be a Hang Seng ATM, but toilets... it's luck of the draw

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I don't believe any of them have 'bathrooms'. Toilets, yes, but bathrooms?

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    Speaking of which, this is..um...a sensitive topic, but have any of you been caught where you have a pressing need to go to the loo while on the MTR? What did you do?
    Being in Asia for a few years, and having seen public toilets in Hong Kong, and specially in China, I adopted total body control up to a level few humans can manage.
    BCD, jayinhongkong and mrgoodkat like this.

It's all the tiles in the MTR stations....old guy probably thought he was in an oversized loo!

Rob2020, Mat and hullexile like this.

Having suffered from the gloriously named Faecal Immediacy Syndrome (i.e. when you need a shit you really need a shit NOW) I should have sympathy for this guy but really - shit yourself before shitting in the MTR.

As to the question as to what to do if you are on the MTR: get off at the next stop and ask to use the toilet. Get to know all the locations of all the toilets on the route you use. I knew most of them along the Island Line.

I've certainly had some emergencies in my time and had to "go" without a toilet - but that was always "in the wild" or at minimum behind a tree (actually on a main street in Roturua... but at least in a bush!) - I cannot imagine pooping in an MTR. Particularly when you can (and I have, with my level of non-existent Cantonese) ask the staff to use theirs.

guys...guys....if you really need to go....just find the nearest cha chan teng. There's always one just round the corner. Surely better than pooping in your pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    So would I... but the fact is, there is no standard rule of thumb you can follow regarding knowing/finding a toilet at a HK MTR station.
    It's crazy, I KNOW there will be a Hang Seng ATM, but toilets... it's luck of the draw
    i have seen a mainlander woman getting her young kid to pee in a plastic bag ( they were next carriage, but only around 5 meters from me) on hung hom platform ( which has toilets on every platform, surely no excuse), they were waiting for a train, kids says something and holding his private parts, the mum brings out a bag, the kid pees in it, there bins in the platform as well, but they decided ignore the toilet and the throwing the bag in the bin.

the trains pulls over, they hop on the train with the nice red plastic bag full of piss, then they noticed that the train was going to lok ma chau but they needed to go lo wu ( and probably wanted to seat for the entire journey) whilst in the train, then hop out of the train without the bag of piss, which I presumably left under the seat or next to the door. I was pretty gobsmacked and felt sorry for the poor bugger who may step on an burst the bag of piss accidently
    Bob Loblaw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Having suffered from the gloriously named Faecal Immediacy Syndrome (i.e. when you need a shit you really need a shit NOW) I should have sympathy for this guy but really - shit yourself before shitting in the MTR.

As to the question as to what to do if you are on the MTR: get off at the next stop and ask to use the toilet. Get to know all the locations of all the toilets on the route you use. I knew most of them along the Island Line.
    you mean that your arse is about to explode violently like Krakatoa!

There is a HK toilet android app that has proved useful for me a few times. Its all in chinese but easy enough to use and tells you how many meters to the toilet and arrows pointing which direction to walk in