Like Tree58Likes

HKFrontline

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

HKFrontline

https://www.facebook.com/RichScotfor...47766355324684

thanks for that, I do follow and like a couple of those guys. I will join up with all.

threesummers likes this.

https://www.facebook.com/realhknews

Seems these guys are not fans of HKFP.
    Cho-man likes this.

All of them have a very myopic focus.

Titus, Cho-man, East_coast and 2 others like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Website still seems to be up:

https://www.hongkongfp.com/

Wow they really don't like Grundy in some parts of HK.

Some choice quotes from the FB page I linked earlier:

"Ho Yan Kwan We are not disliking grundy simply because he is a leftard, it's because he's out to smear and discredit HK localists, and HKers who simply don't want to be chinese, by painting us as xenophobes, which we are not. We are angry against his chauvinism, thinking he can tell HKers who they are and are not."

"Ivan Chung Jane, I haven't read any wumao posts. Grundy is a China loving leftard, evidenced by his past, his Hong Wrong blog and his twitter and reinforced by his actions during the umbrella revolution"

"Ho Yan Kwan It's not a matter of room, it's about a so called media headed by a guy who is out to smear anti-china sentiments amongst HKers. The problem is another media outlet headed by someone who's against HKers standing up for themselves against china."

Last edited by pin; 07-07-2015 at 04:11 PM.
    Enderman likes this.

The localism movement is an interesting development. It can be seen as myopic but it's a direct result of China deliberately marginalising the pan-democrats for so many years. By so marginalising the pan-dems, who advocate a democratic China as well as a democratic HK, they have created a part of society that wants nothing to do with China at all. I doubt Beijing saw this coming.

"Ho Yan Kwan We are not disliking grundy simply because he is a leftard, it's because he's out to smear and discredit HK localists, and HKers who simply don't want to be chinese, by painting us as xenophobes, which we are not. We are angry against his chauvinism, thinking he can tell HKers who they are and are not."
    I think all these guys are taking themselves WAAAAAAY to seriously. Honestly, news to most of us is entertainment and we have our own sensibilities by which we judge it.

No one is "telling HKers who they are" and more importantly, I think people are taking themselves way too seriously if they think "HKers" care ...

bookblogger - no problems at all with the localist thing. My problem is all these guys are rushing in with "free press" "free media" "independent media" "no bias" nonsense and honestly it is all too repetitive and monotonic.

One story gets published in HKFP, gets repeated ad nauseum by the rest who rewrite a few words and move some paragraphs around.

My interests are varied... I am a new junkie at heart .. I read 100+ new items a day. But they range from technology to business to politics to culture and good long read features. None of these new media keep me entertained beyond the initial 5 mins...

At the same time, I find myself drawn back to SCMP for local news - because I find much more there than just politics and protests.

Wait till I release my news aggregator and take over the online media and become the new drudge.
    Titus, bookblogger, R.O. and 1 others like this.

By the way .. this shit is scary. Hot frozen meat!

https://www.facebook.com/HKFLN/video...type=2&theater

By the way, I do like the harbour times ... more varied coverage than just protests.

HarbourTimes.com| Hong Kong - Politics, Policy, Government & Diplomacy

bookblogger and East_coast like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast