Like Tree495Likes

SCMP Bias - What & where is it?

Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Read this earlier today - why would this be evidence of their bias?
    The exception that proves the rule?

There used to be a lot more critical writers now it is down to less than a handful

Original Post Deleted
    I really don't understand the purpose of that article, other than some name calling. Unusually bereft of the usual charts and stats that Jake uses to make a point - but I also did not see the point other than .. "nothing to see, keep moving."

They certainly seemed to have taken their India coverage up a few notches.

There is no bias in SCMP, their problem is that they don't truly really know what they stand for, so they constantly oscillate between positive and negative china articles. The jokers who believe that SCMP is biased think that copy and pasting from the clearly biased articles from the New York Times or the Guardian should be the normal practise for SCMP to demonstrate non bias. But if I wanted to read fake news from the New York Times or the Guardian I can go there myself.

Others point out that the new owner Alibaba is Chinese. But given that Alibaba is majority owned by Yahoo and Softbank, the pay masters are definitely not Chinese. Read in it what you will.

steve15182, shri and hullexile like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mfc:
    There is no bias in SCMP, their problem is that they don't truly really know what they stand for, so they constantly oscillate between positive and negative china articles. The jokers who believe that SCMP is biased think that copy and pasting from the clearly biased articles from the New York Times or the Guardian should be the normal practise for SCMP to demonstrate non bias. But if I wanted to read fake news from the New York Times or the Guardian I can go there myself.

Others point out that the new owner Alibaba is Chinese. But given that Alibaba is majority owned by Yahoo and Softbank, the pay masters are definitely not Chinese. Read in it what you will.
    HKFP on the other hand....

Original Post Deleted
    what's more funny are the jealous comments when it comes to a property article, for years the same trolls keep making sarcastic comments about markets crashing and how they cant wait for it. any mention of strong sales for new developments and the trolls start questioning the legitimacy of every buyer's funds.

clearly these guys have never been on the ground or been in a position to buy, which is understandable given we've heard the same crash comments even from investment banks since 2009 about the property market bursting... meanwhile those who ignored these comments and bought back then are multi HKD millionaires (on paper)

Eurasian who went to British boarding school in the 1950s breaks his silence over abuse | Post Magazine | South China Morning Post

Why did the SCMP bring race into the headline!

So sad that the paper has fallen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Eurasian who went to British boarding school in the 1950s breaks his silence over abuse | Post Magazine | South China Morning Post

Why did the SCMP bring race into the headline!

So sad that the paper has fallen so far.
    Agree about the headline. Article worth a read though.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Agree about the headline. Article worth a read though.
    Good Article.

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    Did you actually bothered to watch that Al Jazeera report on the SCMP? Pretty obvious and specific examples cited there of bias.
    Al Jazeera saying another news organisation are biased? That's a good one.

ALL media is biased. Name one that is not.
    shri and hullexile like this.

Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast