Like Tree195Likes

SCMP Bias - What & where is it?

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24

Quote Originally Posted by mucaari
    Yeah and this "London as a replacement" sounds so random, I wonder who came up with this idea. Their evidence is the attempted take over of the London Stock Exchange by Hong Kong.

It failed anyway, but to make this a valid point, it should have been a takeover from Shanghai or Shenzhen.

And London already is a world financial center. So the only places that really could take over from HK would be Singapore, Tokyo, Shanghai

But SCMP has quite a number of random articles recently...
    I don't think it is "random" so much as another desperate attempt to undermine HK people's confidence and sell the argument that Beijing is the only answer and they should just accept ever diminishing freedoms (despite being a blatant violation of Basic Law). That argument has, and always will, ring hollow to most HK people. The pro-establishment know they are running out of rational reasons to resist democracy, so they resort to increasingly ridiculous arguments like this article. The commentary makes no sense, but the SCMP editors will just publish whatever that suit their political stance.
    Last edited by Coolboy; 15-10-2019 at 12:23 PM.

That is true... I just don't think the audience of scmp is the average Joe of Hong Kong, and those who read it are unlikely to believe this bullshit, thus I would call it a random attempt to influence public opinion, or as you call it: desperate.

And they are losing readers: I have been quite regularly reading scmp before, but from the beginning of the protests it became obvious that I can not trust them anymore. I might still bemused click on some articles that pop up somewhere, but scmp is not my news source anymore, and I don't think I'm the only one.

Gatts and Mefisto like this.

Written by our dear Yonden... sure but why isn’t it in the opinion section?
    https://twitter.com/dewolfleloup/sta...332177921?s=21

Mefisto and MatthieuTofu like this.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24