Like Tree2Likes

China Stock Market Crash 2.0 (27/07/15)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    David Smith

Gold Palm, a consultancy no-one has heard of based in Shanghai. I am sure numbers have dropped, but not by 50%. Otherwise we would hear much more about it and HK government figures would not state a decrease of 1.9% year/year in June.

Being generous, perhaps Gold Palm's statistics are based on tourists from Shanghai only.

The negative opinion of many mainlanders towards HK is real though. Not scientific, but The impression I get from my mainland friends here, who say their friends back home are increasingly thinking that way.

There is a visible decrease in Mainland tourists in some areas and a lot of anecdotal info.

However, the biggest causes for the drop are the anticorruption, restrictions on multiple visits and now the stock market. The average tourist I see roaming the streets is fairly oblivious of local sentiment.

David Smith likes this.

Air China Ltd. plunged as much as 10 percent as the company resumed trading after announcing a private share sale. A total of 517 companies were still suspended from trading in mainland exchanges Wednesday, or 18 percent of all listings, down from 521 at Tuesday’s close.
    So, the next drop will be when these companies resume trading?

Chinese Stocks Fluctuate Amid Signs of Exodus of Small Investors - Bloomberg Business