Like Tree118Likes

I used to be a proud HK'er......

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Some rather severe sentences were handed out, including a 14 year old kid being sent to rehab.

Sentencing protester Ng Lai-ying, Deputy Magistrate Michael Chan Pik-kiu told a court packed with her supporters: “If I do not hand down a deterring sentence, the public might mistakenly think it is a trivial matter to assault police officers during protests.”

But Ng, along with her three co-defendants, was granted bail pending an appeal. The defendants gasped as they learned they would be released for the first time since they were remanded in custody two weeks ago.

Chan convicted Ng, 30, earlier of using her breast to bump against chief police inspector Chan Ka-po at a protest in Yuen Long on March 1.

The magistrate, who earlier said Ng’s case was serious in that she counter-accused the police inspector of indecent assault, today revealed he had received threats since the verdict.

He initially sentenced Ng to four months in prison, but reduced the sentence by half a month, noting Ng’s “positive, good character”.

A 14-year-old boy, who was also convicted of assaulting the same police inspector, was sentenced to a rehabilitation centre. The boy’s identity cannot be disclosed as he is a minor.

Ng’s boyfriend Kwong Chun-lung, 20, was sentenced to a training centre, while Poon Tsz-hang, 22, was given five months and one week in jail, after both were convicted of obstructing a police officer.

Sentencing Poon, who was found to have dragged a suspect away from officers on the day, the magistrate reiterated that police played a key role in maintaining order during public events.

“Acts like this would only make their jobs harder,” he said.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Surely there must be more to this than we are seeing? Surely? Otherwise it's some scary shit happening in HK right now.
    The real scary shit started back in October 2914 and never stopped.

I still have this on my tabs, and recently there has been a lot of crap going on with the police acting like total thugs, all unreported in the main media.

[live] Occupy Central Civil Disobedience Movement (Umbrella Revolution)
    shri and drumbrake like this.

I was shaking my head when I heard this on the news earlier today.

The magistrate says he has received threats since this judgment. To be honest I am not surprised. This judgment brings the judiciary into disrepute.

The bike repair man's prosecution was thrown out of court earlier this week, and this case should have been too.

Ha, ha. Welcome to china.

Angka will show you the way they said. Welcome to China. This is going to be a clash where China always has the upperhand, people are too scared to lose their estate value to take any risk against China

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Mind boggling the number of cases that show up for the search "breast" in them.
    Try searching for Whistling and Breasts. There are a bunch of videos.

the judge was quite up front in bearing his bosom and getting his reasoning off his chest, the defendant had been a bit of a boob in cannoning into the police officer then accusing him of sexual harassment.

Last edited by CharlieGordon; 30-07-2015 at 08:38 PM.

I would say whistling or making some noise loudly on purpose within very close proximity to someone's ear would constitute assault. Would you like that done to you?

Suppose the officer was holding a laptop and it fell? Then what?

Last edited by jonastainine; 30-07-2015 at 08:40 PM.

If some stranger whistled in my ear I most likely would punch that person without warning. That would for certain constitute assault.

the breast attack charge/sentence is just bogus however.

i do wonder tho, having seen the ugliness of HKs rule of law, who will actually leave before year end because of this? For those who have PR, who will give it back and say: thank you but no thank you.
    And most of all, who will think...tomorrow it's business as usual, I will leave once my bank account is fat enough?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast