Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By bdw
  • 1 Post By WMDS

Physical Fitness Staff Arrested

Closed Thread

Physical Fitness Staff Arrested

Seems like some progress is being made to resolve the whole 10 year membership and single charge of 30-40K on the credit card.

Physical gym staff in Hong Kong investigated for forcing HK$38,000 membership on consumer | South China Morning Post

lingc and TheBrit like this.

are they actually charging people in one go for their fee?

From the SCMP:

She was told that the saleswoman could help her look into discounts but needed her identity card and credit card. When she handed them over, the saleswoman allegedly used her credit card to collect the payment of HK$38,000 without her consent.

wow that's pretty messed up. I can't believe how scammy are the gyms in HK. I dealt with Fitness first platinum but they were actually ok. I heard so many horrors stories though

The woman, who joined the centre with a 10-year membership about a year ago, was approached and persuaded to buy another 10-year membership when she was working out at a Mong Kok branch of the fitness chain in March.
    Fuck me dead. They tried to stick her with a 20 year membership? Or I misread the article?
    Editor likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    wow that's pretty messed up. I can't believe how scammy are the gyms in HK. I dealt with Fitness first platinum but they were actually ok. I heard so many horrors stories though
    Yeah, I got screwed by FF, but fortunately it wasn't to the tune of $38,000!

Wouldn't put anything past the salespeople at Physical. Terrible people to have to deal with. I was happy to see the end of them when my contract finished.

Yeah well I went to a free trial once, and they said oh such a good location to your work, blah blah. I didn't sign up, and the following week they had a notice that they were closing down. Like they didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Yeah well I went to a free trial once, and they said oh such a good location to your work, blah blah. I didn't sign up, and the following week they had a notice that they were closing down. Like they didn't know that.
    yes thats the issue with finding a gym here, it s like finding a good bar, you never how long before they move due to increase in rent.

Can't believe they tried to sell you membership know they were closing. Typical here, just give your money, once done you can f off, no money back

I used to place importance of having a gym membership but the fees were becoming more expensive plus the sales/personal trainers always try to pressure you to buy packages. Now that my gym has closed, I feel free of this gym membership burden and started hiking more for cardio and use my club house gym facilities for weights.

rani likes this.