Like Tree23Likes

Two can play this game: Hong Kong taxi drivers to launch luxury fleet and app to take on Uber

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Two can play this game: Hong Kong taxi drivers to launch luxury fleet and app to take on Uber

Two can play this game: Hong Kong taxi drivers to launch luxury fleet and app to take on Uber | South China Morning Post

The best bit, they are applying for a government subsidy!!
    East_coast likes this.

epic failure

Its a nice try. At least they are getting the hint that they need to do a bit of innovation instead of sitting on their asses and whingeing.

So Luxury Taxi.... is that one that has the same shade of red paint on all its panels?

I just want an app to hail a cab and settle the bill from my phone. But I don't really want the 'premium' service and I sure as hell don't want the drivers wearing some pansy yellow uniform.

shri, Enderman and East_coast like this.

Forget the app. i just want drivers who would just cross the harbor without the hassle (changing shift soon/I don't know my way on the island/Kowloon). This happens really too much in my opinion. Upping service goes a loooong way.

The Quality Taxi Steering Committee, formed by local taxi drivers, is applying for a subsidy from the Environmental Department to purchase 10 electric-powered luxury taxis.
    Tesla??

In Amsterdam Shri. Never take a taxi there tho. Hell expensive (even regular Mercedes taxis)

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Tesla??
    Probably. There are other electric cars they could use - BYD e6, Nissan Leaf, Renault Fluence among others - but none of them scream 'luxury'

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    I just want an app to hail a cab and settle the bill from my phone. But I don't really want the 'premium' service and I sure as hell don't want the drivers wearing some pansy yellow uniform.
    I wouldn't say that to Bruce Lee!
    Liked likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast