Like Tree69Likes

MTR staff follow, interrogate and threaten Baptist University student with hefty fine for carrying his cello on a train

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Another shame for mtr: guy on the left denied entry while on the right....

Cho-man likes this.

@Skierx - Sorry, linked to the wrong section. I suspect it falls under section which gives them pretty much all control over what happens in the MTR.

(1) The Corporation may, under its common seal, make bylaws for any or all of the following purposes-

• (a) prescribing the terms and conditions relating to the use of its service;
      (b) controlling and regulating-
      • (i) the conduct of members of the public using the railway or on railway premises;

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    How comes mtr allows these?
    Because they paid the extra fee?

Many (all?) entrances are manned/femaled with eagle eyed staff that watch for fee maximization.

Original Post Deleted
    MTR has weight stations checking people with big luggage. Not sure what they charge, but they do charge.

Did you the pic where people lined up at SS MTR? It's for that check.....

http://www.nextstophongkong.com/mtr-...-weight-limit/
    Last edited by flameproof; 24-09-2015 at 04:51 PM.

MTR should've never allow her to pass the turnstiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    Another shame for mtr: guy on the left denied entry while on the right....
    Looks like MTR staff are a bunch of bullying assholes. Oh look, this girl is easy to pick on, we'll go after her. But nah, those tough-looking guys with huge trolleys are bound for Shenzhen, we'll let them through. What logic is that? Pick-and-choose what to enforce by targeting those least likely to cause hassle to others, simply to enforce some bullshit quota determined by the MTR?
    Open Casket likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Shri, the situation with idling is absolutely appalling in Hong Kong. The police, afaik, don't have the right to ticket for idling. Only the EPD and traffic wardens. Also, they are off the hook if there is a "very hot" signal up on that day (though I seriously doubt any drive knows that and actually checks their HKO app and says "Ohh! Great I can freely blast my AC for myself!"). Every freaking person needs to breathe, and the stuff coming out of these exhaust pipes is not something anyone wants to breathe... how on earth these drivers don't make this connection, I don't know! I see bloody drivers leaving their engine running WHEN THEY'RE NOT EVEN IN THE VEHICLE!!!

Any idea of the drivers are mostly Mainlanders? Any specifics of where they are generally parked?

Might be worth naming and shaming Ocean Park on this one, too.

Let me know if you have more information.
    The police are of no use for idling engines.

The vehicles that really get my goat are these

They sit all day in crowded streets with a secondary diesel internal combustion engine for a generator. (and they don't pay land tax to act as a shop). Perhaps people should report them for idling engines.

Musicians to protest over MTR instrument ban - RTHK

It seems Oct 3rd for impromptu orchestra at Tai Wai has been suggested - No time mentioned.

If you do go don't forget to bring your triangle!!!!

Last edited by East_coast; 25-09-2015 at 06:01 AM.
    Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Musicians to protest over MTR instrument ban - RTHK

It seems Oct 3rd for impromptu orchestra at Tai Wai has been suggested - No time mentioned.

If you do go don't forget to bring your triangle!!!!

glad to see they took my suggestion

why hasnt any of these news article questioned MTR?