Like Tree78Likes

CY Leung's daughter slapping her mom twice at 3am in LKF

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Let's give her a break.... This may well be due to health issues, which aren't always easily or quickly sorted.

And as people with family or friends who've had health issues that affect the brain will know, it's really not as simple as telling someone to see a doctor or sort themselves out. It's painful and difficult for the person affected, their family, and close friends. Worst of all, if brain function is affected, the person themselves may not be aware that they're not functioning normally, because the part of their mind that makes them self aware or enables them to decode their environment is impaired.

This kind of thing could happen to anyone we know.... whether its a kid with autism spectrum issues or family elders who have some kind of dementia as they age. It doesn't mean the person going through this is a bad person or irresponsible, necessarily. How about we give her the benefit of the doubt?

Last edited by z754103; 02-11-2015 at 10:18 PM.
    bookblogger and TheBrit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by z754103:
    This kind of thing could happen to anyone we know.... whether its a kid with autism spectrum issues or family elders who have some kind of dementia as they age. It doesn't mean the person going through this is a bad person or irresponsible, necessarily. How about we give her the benefit of the doubt?
    But shouldn't the husband talked her out of going to LKF to deliberately spoil the non favoured child's night?

It isn't news but you can't help gawping at a train wreck no matter how wrong it feels
    wtbhotia and Gatts like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    You are biased, you said before you find the daughter hot ;-)))
    I would have humped her even with the ghost outfit so there is nothing biased
    bookblogger and Mat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    But shouldn't the husband talked her out of going to LKF to deliberately spoil the non favoured child's night?
    I'm not a medical expert, but from what the newspapers say, could the daughter have been having some kind of 'episode'? She was with friends and it sounded as if her behavior was alarming enough that someone called the family. If it were me or my family in that position, I'd hope that someone would call a relative who could then arrange appropriate care, rather than the police or an ambulance. I'm trying to avoid emotive words or labeling here, but it just seems like this is way more than a mother making her adult daughter go home after a hard night's clubbing. More like she needed medical attention.

Whatever people think about the mother or the CE, let's remember how tough and confusing it is for any parent to figure this stuff out and arrange appropriate care, especially for adult offspring.
    Last edited by z754103; 02-11-2015 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by z754103:
    I'm not a medical expert, but from what the newspapers say, could the daughter have been having some kind of 'episode'? She was with friends and it sounded as if her behavior was alarming enough that someone called the family.
    Unfortunately what we read in the papers may not be true especially around the errant daughter of the leading family in Hong Kong. It should all be taken with a pinch of salt and the press should give the young lady room to live her life.
    Last edited by East_coast; 03-11-2015 at 07:06 AM.

Can we stop the 'Western' vs. 'Asian' way of parenting discussions? How incredibly childish and narrow-minded to group well over a billion people into 2 homogeneous groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    Is the incident newsworthy? Certainly. Front page news (on SCMP online)? Absolutely not. That paper has zero integrity anymore.
    Precisely. How will publicizing her plight help her in any way? Scoring points against CY using her may well backfire too.

This really ain't any important piece of news and does not warrant the kind of attention in the media devoted to her.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 03-11-2015 at 11:18 AM.

@Cho-man, welcome back again LOL

Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Nice to be back, I'm always back eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    That was fast :-)
    Cho-man likes this.