Like Tree231Likes

Disappearing bookshop workers

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    I also find it quite amusing that you think Beijing will find these people so important to grab they will use PLA helicopters to kidnap them back to the mainland when a boat or a trunk of a van will do the job just fine.

And btw, triads do make more sense. They are hard to trace and tied to who ultimately order the "hits". In all the recent triad attacks on politicans, while some of the perpetrators were arrested, no one has ever been arrested for ordering the attack in the first place.
    I was just speaking technicalities (as per first words in my post), to offer some alternatives to the hired triad story that somebody posted. Not going to argue over what is more likely
    Last edited by 100LL; 03-01-2016 at 01:38 PM.
    Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    I was just speaking technically (as per first words in my post), to offer some alternatives to the hired triad story that somebody posted. Not going to argue over what is more likely
    OK, not going to argue either. I think you are on point about other possibilities. It is quite possible someone must have given these missing people some tidbits about the CCP's dirty laundry. So the CCP wants to know who they are, whether tied to corruption or not. So yes, you can be right.

Can we in all certainty know that he is in Shenzhen other than the alleged conversation he is supposed to have with his wife?
    She said he was speaking to him in Putonghua which is also unusual. Could she be certain if was him?

Last edited by HK_Kobe; 03-01-2016 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Kobe:
    We are only speculating.There is no indication that they were kidnapped or abducted, unless there is evidence to prove this.
    Yeah, but as I pointed out, there are two very telling piece of facts that point to the possibility of kidnapping (among other possibilities): he did not used his home return permit, and he called from Shenzhen to his wife. If he did not used his permit, how did he get himself to Shenzhen?

I'm not saying he must have been kidnapped, but that possibility can't be ruled out given those facts above.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 03-01-2016 at 01:50 PM.

2. His call to his wife originated from Shenzhen. How do you think he could go to the mainland without a home return permit?
    Does anyone know. If I used a Chinese mobile number in say, Sha Tau Kok would the number displayed be in HK or SZ?

Does anyone know. If I used a Chinese mobile number in say, Sha Tau Kok would the number displayed be in HK or SZ?
    His wife saw the number and its a number from Shenzhen. This has been reported in the news.

Yeah, but as I pointed out, there are two very telling piece of facts that point to the possibility of kidnapping (among other possibilities): he did not used his home return permit, and he called from Shenzhen to his wife. If he did not used his permit, how did he get himself to Shenzhen?

I'm not saying he must have been kidnapped, but that possibility can't be ruled out given those facts above.
    Obviously abduction can't be rule out but I am just puzzled at the modus operandi

5 people all missing from the same bookstore
    Apart from selling books to Mainland tourists, there is nothing else that they appear to have been involved in at this stage.
    Abducted from Thailand and from Chai Wan? Not exactly easy to smuggle out to SZ. Why not ask him to deliver books to Sai Kung where chances of him being smuggled across the border is easier.
    Wife filed missing person report and not a case of kidnapping?
    Victim called from SZ and spoke to wife in Putonghua?

What benefit would there have been to abduct 5 people and not just the one
    If to teach others a lesson then why have there been no news or announcements from the abductors to send a veiled or clear signal?

Clearly things are not adding up.

Disappearing bookshop workers

Obviously abduction can't be rule out but I am just puzzled at the modus operandi

Apart from selling books to Mainland tourists, there is nothing else that they appear to have been involved in at this stage.
    Abducted from Thailand and from Chai Wan? Not exactly easy to smuggle out to SZ.
    Piece of piss if you have the right connections. Containers get smuggled across frequently, people are somewhat easier and don't use official channels.

Wife filed missing person report and not a case of kidnapping?
    The Police treated it as a missing person report, not the wife.

What benefit would there have been to abduct 5 people and not just the one
    If to teach others a lesson then why have there been no news or announcements from the abductors to send a veiled or clear signal? Clearly things are not adding up.
    To create a climate of fear.
    Gatts and Open Casket like this.

Apart from selling books to Mainland tourists,
    Here is were you're wrong. They are not "just selling books", but are publishing books about CCP secrets in China using an informant network in China. As their knowledge seems to have run quite deep, it's not unlogical to see how they must be regarded as state dissidents in the eyes of the CCP, and they want to get to the bottom of this network.
    Open Casket and Cho-man like this.

When will geo get shutdown?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast