Like Tree450Likes

Situation in Mong Kok on CNY - HK Police fire shots into the air twice

Closed Thread
Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 43 ... LastLast

The speed and clarity of conclusion of these investigations taking into account all that happened during the incident. What, no legal opinion required from the UK? Now if the cops dragged someone off for a kicking on camera its 'well, not clear, needs further investigation, errrr well, can't be sure who it was, errr...

East_coast and Gatts like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ern:
    The speed and clarity of conclusion of these investigations taking into account all that happened during the incident.
    As they weren't sending officers to quell the crowd perhaps they just had 100's observing from afar so investigating after was minutes not months

Quote Originally Posted by black_bird:
    Also that Occupy / Umbrella was not one group of people, even though Scholarism instigated it by rushing the Legco square. Similarly I suspect HK Indigenous led in Mongkok, but a wide range of people participated. The eldest one arrested by the police is 70 years old, I believe.
    But most partcipants were young.

OC is not one group I agree, but it doesn't change the fact this riot is not the same as OC. The two are different. One was a demand for sufferage. This riot is not.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 16-02-2016 at 07:01 PM.

None of you who advocates for a violent resistance has spelled out how that can work in practice. The Syrian opposition also started as a violent resistance and look what happened to their country.

You don't know what Beijing is like. Its so naive to think violence can threaten Beijing's grip on the city. HK people in general does not accept or tolerate violence as a legitimate political tool. If your acts of violence destablize HK, the majority will turn against you. You will just ruin HK without getting you any closer to your goals.

Last edited by Cho-man; 16-02-2016 at 07:48 PM.
    HK_Katherine, rickyross and Gatts like this.

The Government has all along been listening attentively to the public and is committed to balancing the interests and needs of all sectors of the community.

news.gov.hk - Riot independent inquiry unnecessary

I'm very late to this thread & perhaps it's been discussed but why would a trained police fire a live round into the air? That is extremely dangerous and unprofessional. Certainly the police have access to "blanks" or other devices that project noise without the actual bullet flying and if not it is probably time the HK police get some.

Last edited by Open Casket; 19-02-2016 at 06:12 AM.

Spur of the moment reaction by a traffic cop who felt his life was in danger. Remember these are just regular Joe's who carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Spur of the moment reaction by a traffic cop who felt his life was in danger. Remember these are just regular Joe's who carry guns.
    Don't they train the police here? In a city like Hong Kong where the people don't have firearms, why would the police carry a LOADED gun? That is totally insane. The gun should be kept seperate from the ammunition to prevent knee jerk reactions and also to prevent a perp from taking the gun and using it against people.

Aiya ... I know where you're going.

Yes, they train cops here, but shit happens, just like anywhere else.

These are not ex-armed forces guys with all that fancy buzzword training (trigger discipline etc that I keep hearing).

The guy was afraid as fuck for his life .. shit happened.

(Why traffic or even patrol / first-responder cops need to carry guns is another issue .. I do agree with you on that...)

rickyross likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 43 ... LastLast