Like Tree450Likes

Situation in Mong Kok on CNY - HK Police fire shots into the air twice

Closed Thread
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

https://twitter.com/jesuispoppie/sta...45948390715393
    Note: Report to police is 3x's per week
    Last edited by threesummers; 23-02-2016 at 05:02 PM.

It doesn't surprise me much that police in the USA take a position that warning shots are never justified...

rickyross likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    That doesn't surprise me to be honest...police officers don't routinely carry guns there and those that do are highly trained...Google yields some interesting reading...

I read on Americans Against the Tea Party | Because Fox News Lies that German police fired only 85 bullets in 2011–five less than Los Angeles police fired in April of 2012. More than half, 49, were warning shots not fired at suspects, and the remaining 36 resulted in just 15 injuries and six fatalities.

Between 2009-2010, the British Metropolitan Police, the country’s largest police force, fired just six shots–the exact number of bullets found in Michael Brown’s body alone–with only two fatalities.

Dutch police shot Mohamad Bouyeri in the leg...when criticized, the police officer said, "I am an excellent shot, why should I kill him?"...

Generally speaking....10 minutes worth of Googling threw up a lot of American stuff about not firing warning shots...sorry, I can think of many scenarios where a warning shot would be justified...How about this....you're in the middle of a deserted rugby pitch and a guy is running towards you with a sword...you have bad knee...he's a hundred yards from you...

Further, I'd be interested in the statistical risk...you're in Mong Kok and you fir two shots into the air...what is the risk of injury and how serious is that injury likely to be...what is the risk of killing someone? I bet both are statistically insignificant....People get hurt in high speed pursuits, people get injured while being arrested, people die in custody...

The argument that the USA has more 'experience' with guns isn't very convincing....it doesn't seem to be working out very well for them.....just my gut feeling, but I bet a great deal of the thousands of shots fired by cops in the states could have been warning shots and a great deal many less people would have wound up dead...
    shri and rickyross like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Kobe:
    Why not take off any tinted glasses and say it as it is. A mob attacked unprotected police officers and officers had to defend themselves. Sheesh, why do you need to justify this despicable act?
    I thought the police showed a lot of restraint...relative to other police forces around the world (e.g. US, Mexico, etc).
    rickyross likes this.

cant compare the HK police with other democratic countries, now the HK police is no more politically neutral, she had to carry out political mission

Quote Originally Posted by cykgary:
    cant compare the HK police with other democratic countries, now the HK police is no more politically neutral, she had to carry out political mission
    Yea, let's stop the comparisons between the HKPF and American Police, the former learned from its past corruption and also has incredible trigger discipline.

LAPD fired 100 shots at the WRONG vehicle, only 2 shots hit (thankfully)

Forbes Welcome

Tens of millions of dollars laundered for drug cartels by Florida Police

Alternatively, let's see how the police of Ferguson handled the riots compared to HKPF.

Yea, I think we should leave the US police out of this.
    bunko8 likes this.

Last edited by threesummers; 25-02-2016 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    Yea, let's stop the comparisons between the HKPF and American Police, the former learned from its past corruption and also has incredible trigger discipline.

LAPD fired 100 shots at the WRONG vehicle, only 2 shots hit (thankfully)

Forbes Welcome

Tens of millions of dollars laundered for drug cartels by Florida Police

Alternatively, let's see how the police of Ferguson handled the riots compared to HKPF.

Yea, I think we should leave the US police out of this.

what I want to said is the HK police over abuse of force, power and arrest when dealing with protests , its never seen before 1997, not to compare with police in other place

Seeing as how American cops were dragged into the conversation, it's fair game to compare how much better the HKPF is with guns amongst other things compared to American police, but those who've brought it up keep ignoring facts.

The HKPF aren't perfect, but their reaction (or a lack of, rather) in Mong Kok shows that the HKPF is still far less brutal compared to police in both developed and developing countries.

bunko8 and Cho-man like this.

Closed Thread
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast