Like Tree13Likes

CY Leung overrides airport security for his daughter allegedly

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    Is she the one who cut open her wrists on Facebook and delivered a couple of other "stunts" over the years, like publicly slapping her mother in LKF ?

If she's indeed the nut-job, I'd be more worried what comes next from a person like her. I'd stay far away from her and her bag in such a situation.

Edit: Yup, it's her.
    No it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbf:
    She is one and the same indeed. She's got more than her fair share of problems albeit mostly self-inflicted.
    Understand Chung and Chai are similar. Like Joan and Joanne.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    Oops. Google and my search skills defeated by the similarity of their names, apologies. I'd go back to edit but too late.

Children:
    Leung Chuen-yan
    Leung Chai-yan
    Leung Chung-yan

I'd probably have made the same mistake on-site. If I hear "CY Leung's daughter", I'd duck for cover.

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    Oops. Google and my search skills defeated by the similarity of their names, apologies. I'd go back to edit but too late.

Children:
    Leung Chuen-yan
    Leung Chai-yan
    Leung Chung-yan

I'd probably have made the same mistake on-site. If I hear "CY Leung's daughter", I'd duck for cover.
    Isn't the crazy one now dating a Gweilo in Kowloon Tong and has settled down a bit?

Perhaps we should be asking the airport staff the security questions

I think I will start to ask the check in staff
    "Are any members of the Chief Executive Leung's family on board as I hear they don't have their bags go through security?"

JAherbert likes this.

Eww

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    Oops

C Y Leung supporters at the Airport protesting about the protest below

Who organises the anti-protest protests is socially irresponsible.

@East_coast
    So, is it socially responsible to taunt airport workers into going against rules, to make sure your careless daughter's luggage is brought in, against protocol?

Civil disobedience is not supposed to be convenient, I think the protestors didn't really disrupt the operations at the airport (yes, it is congested and confusing for tourists - but that's kind of the point) - which is really quite impressive. If this were to happen somewhere else, the airport would be in chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by alph:
    @East_coastCivil disobedience is not supposed to be convenient, I think the protestors didn't really disrupt the operations at the airport (yes, it is congested and confusing for tourists - but that's kind of the point) - which is really quite impressive. If this were to happen somewhere else, the airport would be in chaos.
    Civil disobedience a a very good tool and no government likes to be on the receiving end of events like this as they are very powerful. My point was that the powers that be who arrange the small opposing groups to try to disrupt civil disobedience just make things worse and therefore socially irresponsible.