Like Tree78Likes

Funny HK Police. Help!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Is that video yours or someone else's?

Funny HK Police. Help!

Nevermind

@refreshHK the old fart is pissed off that your using his private bin apparently, maybe u should find out from building management which bin to use or where to throw the rubbish, the old fart probably sees u throwing your rubbish into such a small bin and filling it up that when he wants to throw his its full already.

I would have knocked his arse to the ground if he came at me with a metal rod, self defense, would still get arrested but then the police would have to arrest him as well for fighting and then u have the video of him with the metal rod attacking you so you have proof.

Just some observations from the video:

The neighbour didn't throw the metal pole through your gate. He did try to attack you.

The metal pole is not 4ft long as you mentioned in your OP, more like 1,5 ft.

The neighbour's garbage bin is located in the corridor which is common area. Personal items are not allowed in common areas. If building management were to remove the bin future conflicts could hopefully be avoided.

"the neighbor was just expressing himself". Probably due to the police's poor English he meant "the neighbor just vent himself"

I don't know the situation here but it's good to know the next time someone on my floor or building does something to annoy me, I can stand outside their door and terrorize them with one of those metal sticks they use to stand up orchids without getting arrested for harassment or intimidation or assault.

@refreshHK.. I really do feel your frustration. Are you an expat here in HK? Because I am and I have never seen such poor calibre and lack of professionalism in the police force anywhere else in the world.
    First of all, majority of them don't speak English even at Central Police Headquarters.
    Basically their job description is to "serve and protect the NON-ENGLISH speaking Hong Kong community"

In your case, you were threatened. You had video evidence of him wielding a dangerous weapon. You have neighbours who are witnesses. It is the job of HKPD to protect citizens not wait until they are injured or killed. It sounds like to me that they are simply too lazy or can't be bothered to go through paperwork and procedures. They needed an interpreter? There you go! Another bunch of useless, uneducated, non-English speaking public service a-holes.

Pidaras likes this.

Strange situation. That looks like a communal bin in an older building. Not sure why he's mad at you but you need to get someone to talk to them and find out what the issue is. Now that I've seen the video, it's obvious they didn't want to take the old guy in, but you need to find out what it is you've done (if anything).

does not look like refuse bin to me, looks like more like the container for burning offerings to the gods (all black around the top edge), also too small for entire floor i would say.

OP - put rubbish on floor not in the "bin".

oh yeah, I have been scolded in the past for putting 'rubbish' into bin but was offering container.

It doesn't matter what @refreshHK has done in the past to provoke this. Violence and threatening acts of behaviour is NO EXCUSE! And no discrimination or prejudice here please. The man wielding the metal bar may be old but that does not give him any excuse to deliberately harm another individual. There is no law in any country in the world to say that the elderly or the disabled or children are exempt or given any clemency from an attempted crime unless of course if he is in fact suffering from some serious mental illness.

Quote Originally Posted by kimk0207:
    @refreshHK.. I really do feel your frustration. Are you an expat here in HK? Because I am and I have never seen such poor calibre and lack of professionalism in the police force anywhere else in the world.
    Sorry but you need to get out more. Go try and have a 'professional' encounter with the police in Mexico / Russia / Thailand / Burma or a dozen others for example. The police here may be inept but they are far from the worst.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast