Like Tree57Likes

Police Woes: Attacked in LKF in April

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    You have a point. A lot of unnecessary agro in LKF for some reason. Attracts many 'look how cool and tough I am' types.
    Unnecessary agro due to excessive consumption of alcohol and high on illicit drugs perhaps? Maybe LKF should introduce "lock out laws" like they have in Sydney to prevent further violence. It won't be good for business and Alan Zeman would probably go broke. Can you imagine the mayhem? HK and lock out laws!! Lol
    but the outcome would be this:

1. No further violence
    2. HK police can continue to work under the current work ethics (or the lack thereof)
    Sydney's alcohol laws

1.30am lockouts and 3am last drinks laws are in force across the new Sydney CBD Entertainment Precinct.
    The new laws are part of the NSW Government's crackdown on drug and alcohol-fuelled violence and also include a NSW-wide ban on takeaway alcohol sales after 10pm.
    New precinct laws include:

• Lock outs and last drinks: 1.30am lockouts and 3am last drinks at hotels, registered clubs, nightclubs and licenced karaoke bars. Small bars (maximum 60 people), most restaurants and tourism accommodation establishments are exempt. Venues currently licensed to stay open after 3am can do so without alcohol service.
    • Temporary bans: of 48 hours for troublemakers.
    • Takeaway alcohol sales: stop at 10pm for bottle shops, hotels and clubs. This law is NSW-wide.
    • Liquor licenses: two year freeze on approvals for new and existing licenses.
    • Revoking of Competency cards and disqualifications: (up to 12 months) for bar staff breaching responsible service of alcohol requirements.
    • Licensee fines: of up to $11,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 12 months, as well as strikes under the Government's Three Strikes disciplinary scheme for failure to comply with the new laws.

put 10 papers on a California fitness owners gate, if it is the right the gate, the gate will get protection, a lot faster than a bookseller can get protection...

To deter further such incidents, uniformed and plainclothes officers would “enhance patrol in the area”, another source said.
    Masked men plaster former California Fitness director’s front gate with demand notes | South China Morning Post
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimk0207:
    Unnecessary agro due to excessive consumption of alcohol and high on illicit drugs perhaps? Maybe LKF should introduce "lock out laws" like they have in Sydney to prevent further violence. It won't be good for business and Alan Zeman would probably go broke. Can you imagine the mayhem? HK and lock out laws!! Lol
    but the outcome would be this:

1. No further violence
    2. HK police can continue to work under the current work ethics (or the lack thereof)
    Sydney's alcohol laws

1.30am lockouts and 3am last drinks laws are in force across the new Sydney CBD Entertainment Precinct.
    The new laws are part of the NSW Government's crackdown on drug and alcohol-fuelled violence and also include a NSW-wide ban on takeaway alcohol sales after 10pm.
    New precinct laws include:

• Lock outs and last drinks: 1.30am lockouts and 3am last drinks at hotels, registered clubs, nightclubs and licenced karaoke bars. Small bars (maximum 60 people), most restaurants and tourism accommodation establishments are exempt. Venues currently licensed to stay open after 3am can do so without alcohol service.
    • Temporary bans: of 48 hours for troublemakers.
    • Takeaway alcohol sales: stop at 10pm for bottle shops, hotels and clubs. This law is NSW-wide.
    • Liquor licenses: two year freeze on approvals for new and existing licenses.
    • Revoking of Competency cards and disqualifications: (up to 12 months) for bar staff breaching responsible service of alcohol requirements.
    • Licensee fines: of up to $11,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 12 months, as well as strikes under the Government's Three Strikes disciplinary scheme for failure to comply with the new laws.
    Why put restrictions on the time you can drink? This is stupid. S

Some people work late shift.. go out at 2AM and maybe want a drink. They can't cos some morons get in fights once in a while?

Enough with the rules. Let people drink at whatever time they see fit - on the other hand make sure there are enough police etc around to ensure security...and make punishment something to remember. But we don't need more laws about how to drink, eat. etc etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dave_van_damn:
    Thanks so much for the replies and the support.

So far I've contacted Allan Zeman and will be contacting the SCMP before filing a complaint.

The whole thing stinks of negligence. I've been pretty shaken up since it happend and haven't really wanted to think about it but it's time for me to take action.
    Any update on how things are going? CAPO?

Quote Originally Posted by refreshHK:
    Any update on how things are going? CAPO?
    I heard from SCMP who asked for my contact details saying they wanted to conduct an interview but so far I haven't had a phone call from them.

With regards to CAPO I've contacted them and have an interview scheduled for when I return from my holiday.

Thanks again to everyone for your help with this!
    imparanoic likes this.

Advice for your CAPO
    Insist on having a translator and having it being video recorded.
    If during the interview they comment on the validity of your complaint, don't get drawn in, stop them right away. I got into a debate and lost time to them. I wish I'd just said:

"I'm not there to debate my claim. I'm just here to state my complaint and give evidence."
    Please don't let your guard down just because it’s recorded and you have your observer [friend/lawyer] there and an IPCC observer present. I now have a video [Property of SAR HK Police] of the police trying every trick they can to dismiss my claim during my interview. The video really didn't stop them talking shit for 4hrs! I could have saved 40+min if I'd followed my own advice.

Good luck
    Rob2020 likes this.

P.S
    The DVD of my CAPO is side splittingly ridiculous. It’s very frustrating to be sitting on such comedy gold and being tied by a declaration that I won’t use it.

Remember; don’t talk to them off the record. I was threatened by the CAPO officer both before my interview and afterwards.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4