Like Tree44Likes

Pedestrian killed after bus mounts pavement in TST

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Gravitas:
    wow he had plenty of time to see the truck, was he playing Candy Crush of something like that. Mini Bus drivers in HK are so bad, I remember a cyclist going nuts at one of them after the driver almost crashed into him as he wasnt paying attention.
    shri and angeluscomplex like this.

Original Post Deleted
    But in all honestly - everyone fucks up. I'm sure you have some colleagues who have been equally reckless in their professional lives.

I get where you're coming from, I do - hate driving in HK so much that I've become paranoid, but ... you also know where I'm coming from. No clue how these mini bus drivers get through the day... saw two mini bus drivers in our estate get into a fist fight because some passengers went and sat in another bus, as bus #1 was not going down their route.

If I was on that mini-bus I bet that accident wouldn't have happened! I'm on one about once a year and it's white knuckles all the way...I'd have seen the stationary bus and alerted the driver.

Doesn't surprise me that nobody else did, to be fair, I don't know that he had passengers, but it never fails to amaze me how relaxed people are in these tin cans, no seat-belts, exposed metal everywhere...heads down asleep or playing on their phones...

angeluscomplex likes this.

Hilarious.

Hong Kong is a 3rd world city with a tiny international CBD. Of course things like this happen.

angeluscomplex likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Car drivers are worse than taxi drivers for the number of vehicles involved per million vehicle-kilometres

Name:  accidents hk.png
Views: 230
Size:  282.0 KB

https://www.censtatd.gov.hk/en/data/...0XXXXB0100.pdf

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6