Like Tree17Likes
  • 1 Post By Fiona in HKG
  • 2 Post By GeoTommy
  • 1 Post By HowardCoombs

Tropical Depression #AERE

Closed Thread

Tropical Depression #AERE

Looks as though the long weekend will be a washout...

Tropical cyclone Aere will move across the northern part of the South China Sea in the next few days. Besides, the northeast monsoon will persist over southern China. As the circulation of the tropical cyclone is relatively small and compact, it will only bring significant impact to local weather when it gets relatively close to Hong Kong.

The movement and intensity change of Aere over the northern part of the South China Sea remain uncertain for the time being, and its interaction with the northeast monsoon is also a determining factor. According to the present forecast track, the Hong Kong Observatory will consider issuing the Standby Signal, No. 1 tonight.
    -HKO

Just in time for the Forumla-e!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by WMDS:
    Just in time for the Forumla-e!
    How does that work? Electric cars and rain?

Original Post Deleted
    My wife just bought a tonne of camping gear that she's very excited about using... We were supposed to go camping last weekend but put it off to this weekend because of the weather...dark clouds formed over Tuen Mun when I showed her the weather report...oh dear.

Original Post Deleted
    Shame...you'd be able to knock off a few from the old bucket-list...Black Beach is near there..yes, the one across the road from the sewage treatment works and between the two power stations...

Wetland Park...we love it...have to admit though, once you've been to Nam Sang Wai it's hard to go back...(Wetland Park is Nam Sang Wai with a fence around it)...obviously, Nam Sang Wai benefits from professional hides, information plaques, good walkways and so on...

I suppose spring is the best time to visit any wetland....

Staff here did an eco-outing to the Wetlands two weekends ago and reported very few birds were seen. I think it's the season we're in? They did a good job of tidying some areas up though I heard

TheBrit likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    This is as "proper" as it gets (fills up pretty quickly on weekends):

https://www.google.com.hk/maps/@22.4...i6656?hl=en-HK
    jrkob and DirtyHairy like this.

Original Post Deleted
    You can get in from both sides...if you drive out of Yuen Long a though your going to Fairwood Park, you can drive in that way...My advice is not to drive up the road...park somewhere near the bottom and walk up...everyone parks in the lay bys and it gets jammed. If you go from the other side, up behind the MTR, there is a plenty of parking and you catch a little boat thing over the Pui Pui...either way is cool....we are big fans of this place...

Leave your car in Yuen Long, rent bicycles and cycle in there....
    The little boat ride is cute.

DirtyHairy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Leave your car in Yuen Long, rent bicycles and cycle in there....
    The little boat ride is cute.
    That's right..I forgot to mention that it's bike friendly...