Like Tree26Likes

HK needs another shopping mall?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

we don't need more mall in the airport, we need more pubs, right now choice is pretty dire compared to some airports of that size. Everytime I get there in advance I'm stuck in that boring one next to Giordano!

Rob2020 likes this.

They built a bridge to nowhere, now they need a mall full of the same shops you get everywhere to attract the non-existent bridge users. Hong Kong logic, it's not rocket science

There used to be a nice-ish Irish bar at the airport, long gone

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    There used to be a nice-ish Irish bar at the airport, long gone
    that's a pity, even Ho Chi Minh has better bars, HK logic is, if one mall worked, let's build a hundred and the demand will follow!
    Elegiaque likes this.

I have never seen so many malls anywhere before I came to HK. My first impression was that there was abundance of shops everywhere, even in the MTR It was before the locals jokingly told me that HK in general is a one big mall for mainland shoppers. I think HK needs more variety though. Many malls but the same shops everywhere. SaSa, Watsons, Mannings, Maxim's for example, are like everywhere.Also, I keep hearing how the amount of Mainland tourists is on decline and all the existing malls don't even sell as much anymore. I'd rather see more affordable housing built or like a public hospital. I went to ER 2 weeks ago and had to wait 4 hours to see a doc

Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea addict:
    I went to ER 2 weeks ago and had to wait 4 hours to see a doc
    Because it is the EMERGENCY department and you were not having an emergency.

Come complain to us if you were having a heart attack and were only seen 4 hours later.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    Because it is the EMERGENCY department and you were not having an emergency.

Come complain to us if you were having a heart attack and were only seen 4 hours later.
    And how do you know what I had? Funny comment.

Because I work in healthcare and if they see you after 4 hours, then sorry princess, that pain or discomfort you have is not an emergency.

Seriously the public needs to be educated on what constitutes a real medical emergency and what is not. This applies worldwide, not just in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    Because I work in healthcare and if they see you after 4 hours, then sorry princess, that pain or discomfort you have is not an emergency.

Seriously the public needs to be educated on what constitutes a real medical emergency and what is not. This applies worldwide, not just in HK.
    Or maybe because ER was full of people, which it was. It wasn't a heart attack but it was something else pretty serious that required seeing a doctor as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea addict:
    It wasn't a heart attack but it was something else pretty serious that required seeing a doctor as soon as possible.
    Everybody thinks their wife is the prettiest...
    timonoj likes this.