Like Tree41Likes

Lan Kwai Fong - Fights / Crime

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Yes, very similar to this situation. This guy accused my friend of taking his wedding ring. That's some dodgy stuff. The police caught the guy, so I'm encouraging to file for compensation against him.

@shri Please explain how you 'understand' the rubbish above... At least you removed the ridiculous and nonsensical accusation of racism from our resident SJW in chief.

Would you advise your daughters to go there? Would you want your wife to there by herself? Is that 'victim blaming' or common sense?

CS mentioned that it was a westerner who assaulted his friends...no other info. maybe the westerner was another woman and his friends had stolen her cellphone...what do we know.

Now imagine if I'd have been telling the story but my perpetrator had been an Arab, or a black guy...he'd have been all over that.

No, only one person brought race into this and that was Civil_Servant....and this is what I mean when I say that SJWs project their own racism. Civil_Servant brought race into it (his little anecdote about his pals being beaten by a 'western tourist')...then, and God only knows how his thought processes got him to this...he accuses me and Skyhook of racism for liking Char Siu King's completely reasonable post...which in my view was saying, a.) Keep race out of it and b.) If you have any common sense, don't go there.

I'm trying shri. HC will realise he's speaking to a wall soon, as will CS...it doesn't help if you encourage them.

Well, I understand his reasons for outrage, but I don't agree with a couple of lines, that I deleted.

End of story. If you have a problem, that belongs in the "Site Related" section. Not this thread please.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    @shri Please explain how you 'understand' the rubbish above... At least you removed the ridiculous and nonsensical accusation of racism from our resident SJW in chief.

Would you advise your daughters to go there? Would you want your wife to there by herself? Is that 'victim blaming' or common sense?

CS mentioned that it was a westerner who assaulted his friends...no other info. maybe the westerner was another woman and his friends had stolen her cellphone...what do we know.

Now imagine if I'd have been telling the story but my perpetrator had been an Arab, or a black guy...he'd have been all over that.

No, only one person brought race into this and that was Civil_Servant....and this is what I mean when I say that SJWs project their own racism. Civil_Servant brought race into it (his little anecdote about his pals being beaten by a 'western tourist')...then, and God only knows how his thought processes got him to this...he accuses me and Skyhook of racism for liking Char Siu King's completely reasonable post...which in my view was saying, a.) Keep race out of it and b.) If you have any common sense, don't go there.

I'm trying shri. HC will realise he's speaking to a wall soon, as will CS...it doesn't help if you encourage them.
    Did anyone of you ask for the details? No. As usual, the trolls on here just spout off. And yes, it is victim blaming.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    My friend and her friend, two females, got beaten in LKF by a Western tourist.
    Seems lots of information is missing to really comment.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Seems lots of information is missing to really comment.
    It's just virtue signalling.

Just Smith. / The ‘Victim Blaming’ Myth.

I should pick up my 7 year old from school at 10:30...might let him walk home across all those busy roads...after all, it's the drivers who should slow down for him...if I go and pick him up...I'll be victim blaming!

No. It's perfectly reasonable and good advice to tell people they might want to avoid LKF at night, ditto Sham Shui Po...of course it's not their fault if they are assaulted...but let's not throw common sense under the bus for the sake of political correctness...

I don't think we know enough of the situation, it's very easy to blame all the expats for crime in HK when this is basically the only thing media picks up here. As a local you can treat your helper like utter sh1t and no one will blink an eye, it's also fine for cabs/mini bus to drive like maniacs and risk people life! But this is not material enough for local papers, always go blame the Gweilos, they're all criminals.
    My wife was hit by a guy pushing a cart, instead of saying sorry he told her she was only a helper and insulted her. That of course is just daily occurrence in HK and never make it to the paper.

Original Post Deleted
    Didn't ask. It was when the big US navy ship was in town and LKF was super busy.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    It's just virtue signalling.

Just Smith. / The ‘Victim Blaming’ Myth.

I should pick up my 7 year old from school at 10:30...might let him walk home across all those busy roads...after all, it's the drivers who should slow down for him...if I go and pick him up...I'll be victim blaming!

No. It's perfectly reasonable and good advice to tell people they might want to avoid LKF at night, ditto Sham Shui Po...of course it's not their fault if they are assaulted...but let's not throw common sense under the bus for the sake of political correctness...
    Victim blaming, a term validated and used in the field of psychology and criminology, is all of a sudden a myth because @DirtyHairy and his blogosphere say so. In their rebuttal, they fail to show any understanding of the term or the concept, and are qick to dismiss it. They can't see their own ignorance on the subject, but claim to have a superior understanding of it. In short, they're too stupid to understand that they're stupid.
    HowardCoombs likes this.

to be fair just avoid LKF altogether, people always say Wanchai is dodgy but heard more bad things happen in LKF!