Like Tree222Likes

Fire in Tsim Sha Tsui - MTR closed

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Wish they would. All those bloody incense burner things are hugely dangerous
    I was at my MIL last week and saw a sign saying burning of incense and paper offerings inside the building is strictly prohibited, saw the date of the warning was like 2 years ago, went up the lift and got out and every apartment had a square metal can outside for burning still LOL nobody gave two fecks about the WARNING.

Good to see the MTR is now advising people that they are supposed to use the fire extinguishers

"If it's safe to do so, use the fire extinguisher" - via screen on concourse at Tsing Yi MTR station....

chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    Good to see the MTR is now advising people that they are supposed to use the fire extinguishers

"If it's safe to do so, use the fire extinguisher" - via screen on concourse at Tsing Yi MTR station....
    But how is your average Joe supposed to know when "it is safe" to use an extinguisher on a human being? Not sure if fire extinguishers formulated for skin and flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    But how is your average Joe supposed to know when "it is safe" to use an extinguisher on a human being? Not sure if fire extinguishers formulated for skin and flesh.
    I assume they are talking about situations like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoBO3WChLqE

I asked my 5 year old a few days ago if she can find the fire extinguisher and she found 2 visible from our seat (first carriage in MTR train).

Not sure if you're being saracstic or not, but I think that being blasted with a mildly inappropriate type of fire extinguisher is better than... you know, actually being on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Not sure if you're being saracstic or not, but I think that being blasted with a mildly inappropriate type of fire extinguisher is better than... you know, actually being on fire.
    Thank you for that, Captain Obvious, but clearly you haven't been following the thread.

Let me go back to the question - how will your average joe know when to use the extinguishers? Because apparently nobody did in TST on that day. You do realize that is the whole point of this thread, right?

Do learn to post in context.

Your hysterical defensiveness made me smile. Thanks.

TheBrit and chuckster007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Your hysterical defensiveness made me smile. Thanks.
    No worries, glad to see joy in someone suffering from senility.

Thank you for that, Captain Obvious, but clearly you haven't been following the thread.

Let me go back to the question - how will your average joe know when to use the extinguishers? Because apparently nobody did in TST on that day. You do realize that is the whole point of this thread, right?

Do learn to post in context.

Erm, you read the instructions on the fire extinguisher, they're so stupid-proof there are also pictures................... .................................................. .......

The armchair firefighters in this thread are an affront to HK's firefighters who have given their lives in the line of duty. What bunch of thankless morons some of you are.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast