Like Tree149Likes

Ken Tsang Beating - Police Convicted

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Should be fun in prison being an (ex) cop, plus getting a job with a conviction is pretty difficult in this town, can't work in real estate as an agent etc.

Look forward to being HK airport baggage handlers, or turning to a life of crime that pays, when they get ouf.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Should be fun in prison being an (ex) cop, plus getting a job with a conviction is pretty difficult in this town, can't work in real estate as an agent etc.

Look forward to being HK airport baggage handlers, or turning to a life of crime that pays, when they get ouf.
    Will they get fired is the correct question. Also as a lot of such incidents have shown, types like these tend to get nice cushion jobs from DAB and other CCP fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    Really? I haven't seen any public support aside from the usual DAB/ProCCP faces.
    I have heard the line about a lot of public support for the seven policemen and disgust at the excessive sentences. Unfortunately the people suggesting this massive support are the usual suspects.

There will be an appeal and the sentence will probably be adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    Really? I haven't seen any public support aside from the usual DAB/ProCCP faces.
    You be surprised at the support from middle class locals... hear it all the time from my wife's friends and relatives... they thing he deserves a slap... mistake was getting caught...
    DirtyHairy likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Listening to the Pro-Authoritarian brigade today. Two years was at the higher end of expectations so 'probability' suggests a lower sentence. I could be very wrong about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:

I sureley hope the baggage handlers at the airport are not ex-convicts....

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    I sureley hope the baggage handlers at the airport are not ex-convicts....
    I think baggage handlers cannot have a criminal record, I knew a guy from an old job, meet him on the streets after many years and he said he was working at the airport and was dabbling in drugs for his own use, during a road block he was caught with ICE and sentenced to Lai Chi Kok detention centre, after that he said he can never work inside the airport (secured areas).

I don't have much of an opinion on this case, but those cops aren't getting any sympathy from me with those silly matching suits.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    I don't have much of an opinion on this case, but those cops aren't getting any sympathy from me with those silly matching suits.
    It's the only matching uniform they'd be allowed to wear for a while
    rickyross likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast