Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Ken Tsang Beating - Police Convicted

Quote Originally Posted by henkka
    In the second case a 17 year old kid threw one brick that hurt the left knee of a police. He also admitted to the crime(which leads to a less harsh sentence), something the police did not.
    I recall seeing a video of a Policeman throwing a brick back into the crowd during the Mongkok riot. Haven't seen any follow-up or arrest. Such ill-discipline should not be tolerated. Next time it could hit some stupid kid in the riot.
    chuckster007 and JAherbert like this.

I don't understand how anyone with a straight face could defend these policemen, let alone a policeman himself. If they had beaten up a pro-CCP'er I would equally support the sentence.

The fact that these spineless DAB/government types speak up against the ruling, is a pre-cursor how the "justice" system and rule of law will look like in 15 years time.

TheBrit, jrkob, drumbrake and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin
    But it seems they do have a lot of public support and sympathy. Does that mean a lot of Hong Kongers are OK with the police going around beating up people on a whim and when they want to?
    Really? I haven't seen any public support aside from the usual DAB/ProCCP faces.
    East_coast and TheBrit like this.

Should be fun in prison being an (ex) cop, plus getting a job with a conviction is pretty difficult in this town, can't work in real estate as an agent etc.

Look forward to being HK airport baggage handlers, or turning to a life of crime that pays, when they get ouf.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook
    Should be fun in prison being an (ex) cop, plus getting a job with a conviction is pretty difficult in this town, can't work in real estate as an agent etc.

Look forward to being HK airport baggage handlers, or turning to a life of crime that pays, when they get ouf.
    Will they get fired is the correct question. Also as a lot of such incidents have shown, types like these tend to get nice cushion jobs from DAB and other CCP fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts
    Really? I haven't seen any public support aside from the usual DAB/ProCCP faces.
    I have heard the line about a lot of public support for the seven policemen and disgust at the excessive sentences. Unfortunately the people suggesting this massive support are the usual suspects.

There will be an appeal and the sentence will probably be adjusted.

Will they get fired is the correct question.
    To which a response was provided page 3 of this thread.
    rickyross likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    There will be an appeal and the sentence will probably be adjusted.
    EC, why do you think so ?

You be surprised at the support from middle class locals... hear it all the time from my wife's friends and relatives... they thing he deserves a slap... mistake was getting caught...
    DirtyHairy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jrkob
    EC, why do you think so ?
    Listening to the Pro-Authoritarian brigade today. Two years was at the higher end of expectations so 'probability' suggests a lower sentence. I could be very wrong about this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast