Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Like Tree81Likes

Ken Tsang Beating - Police Convicted

Quote Originally Posted by LegalizeHK
    I was surprised by the verdict--justice was served and the sentences seem perfectly appropriate for the offenses committed. I have faith in the system here and it's good to know the cops here are reined in by the rule of law.
    You sure do love talking about the rule of law when your goal seems to be to overturn laws in HK regarding MJ, those of which you probably break on a regular basis as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-HK
    Yes, I do understand. Firstly I wasn't comparing this to someone attacking the police with their breasts. Secondly, certainly these police officers should be charged for what they did. My point was, there's been a lot of attacks against the police with no significant consequences.
    Which attack are you referring to? I am only aware of attacks against the police that were less serious than this, hence the less harsh sentences handed out.

Last edited by threesummers; Yesterday at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy
    He would have made a great defense lawyer for the "breast assault" lady .
    Surely the Breast Lady was convicted for trying to incite a crowd not the actual physical act. It was an irresponsible thing to claim a policemen molested her in a dynamic and confrontational environment.

She was charged with assaulting a police officer.

East_coast likes this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    She was charged with assaulting a police officer.
    Yes. Every case is different. If the assault had happened at a different time and and place it would of been a different sentence or may not even made it to court. Unfortunately context is everything and this is why minimum mandatory sentencing is populist but wrong.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678