Like Tree37Likes

World War II Hong Kong battle site ‘trashed’ and covered in French graffiti

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

World War II Hong Kong battle site ‘trashed’ and covered in French graffiti

A prominent World War Two battle site in Wong Nai Chung Gap has been damaged with French-language graffiti and strewn with rubbish, including cigarette butts and beer cans.
    I wonder if a certain private Gallic institute located nearby might have something to do with it?

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2017/03/2...ered-graffiti/

Why so many dicks?

Because Teenage Boys?

shri and spode like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aysallas:
    Why so many dicks?
    It's the only thing I can draw.
    rickyross and greenmark like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aysallas:
    Why so many dicks?
    I think we can rule out Banksy...

I hope they are found and suitably punished. Although it would help if HK actually labelled some of these sites better. And perhaps if schools taught history better! If you didn't know what they are, they just look like abandoned villages etc rather than historical sites.

jayinhongkong likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    The parents (assuming that FIS students did this...) should be made to clean this up. No helpers or subcontractors allowed. The whole "kids will be kids" attitude some people have in this town, will be adjusted very quickly.
    HK_Katherine, rickyross and jimbo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    The parents (assuming that FIS students did this...) should be made to clean this up. No helpers or subcontractors allowed. The whole "kids will be kids" attitude some people have in this town, will be adjusted very quickly.
    I thought the French were actually more strict with their kids than some nations. But I guess the type of person who ends up at a private international school has rich parents probably not giving them enough time. Expel the kid and make the parents clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    But I guess the type of person who ends up at a private international school has rich parents probably not giving them enough time.
    Think about the logic that was used to form that conclusion...

For the record, my son is at a very good private international school and I hardly classify myself as "rich".

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Think about the logic that was used to form that conclusion...

For the record, my son is at a very good private international school and I hardly classify myself as "rich".
    It was somewhat informed by a conversation I was overhearing at the weekend in the GC club. Three of the kids (whose parents I know, quite normal people) were sitting talking among themselves (quite loudly, in a room with nobody else in it) so it was easy to just listen to their conversations. And it struck both my husband and I that they things they were saying and the way they were saying it was quite different to how we had been at that age (I'd say they were 16-17 ish). It reminded me of my cousins who also went to uk private (lol Public) schools. Perhaps wrong to blame the parents entirely, but those kids do get quite odd I think. And seem to think they are above the law.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast