Like Tree65Likes

Bus pile-up injures 70 in Yuen Long

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Bus pile-up injures 70 in Yuen Long

https://coconuts.co/hongkong/news/do...-70-yuen-long/

Accident caused by a taxi.

A taxi traveling along Yuen Long Highway at 7pm slowed down suddenly near Pok Oi Road, causing the green minibus and double-decker KMB bus behind it to halt abruptly, Apple Daily reports.
    Again, autonomous transport cannot arrive soon enough.
    angeluscomplex likes this.

Even if the taxi had slammed his brakes on, anyone who crashed into him is to blame...any idiot in HK knows taxis have a habit of 'suddenly' stopping...

kimwy66 and angeluscomplex like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    Accident caused by a taxi.
    I would say that accident caused by people not keeping safety distance or not paying attention to traffic in front of them.

For a taxi to stop evetnually is quite normal and something drivers should expect.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    I would say that accident caused by people not keeping safety distance or not paying attention to traffic in front of them.

For a taxi to stop evetnually is quite normal and something drivers should expect.
    The first action is taken by the taxi driver. They have a rear view mirror to determine whether a sudden stop can be executed safely. Signaling in advance also helps. I often use warning lights to tell tailgaters to get off my back.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    The first action is taken by the taxi driver. They have a rear view mirror to determine whether a sudden stop can be executed safely. Signaling in advance also helps.
    I will reduce my safety distance when I see that taxi driver.

This happend on Yuen Long highway. Can anyone here tell me what reason this taxi driver had to all of a sudden slow down on a highway? Let me guess, he wasn't sure of the exit, so decided to just stop. Reminds me of the taxi driver I saw the other day who missed his exit on a roundabout and decided to back up a few meters instead of making another round.

shri and rickyross like this.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    This happend on Yuen Long highway. Can anyone here tell me what reason this taxi driver had to all of a sudden slow down on a highway? Let me guess, he wasn't sure of the exit, so decided to just stop. Reminds me of the taxi driver I saw the other day who missed his exit on a roundabout and decided to back up a few meters instead of making another round.
    It doesn't matter. You crash into a car in front of you, it's your fault...the minimum distance between you and the vehicle in front should be greater than the time needed to stop in an emergency...

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    It doesn't matter. You crash into a car in front of you, it's your fault...the minimum distance between you and the vehicle in front should be greater than the time needed to stop in an emergency...
    Absolutely the fault of the vehicles behind that failed to stop. The taxi may have committed a separate offence of stopping on the highway, but the accident is down to the bus drivers that weren't aware enough of the road and weren't following at a safe distance.

We had a similar incident, also caused by a taxi. We were stopped at red lights, at the front of the queue. The lights turn green, we start to move out into the intersection, when a taxi runs the red and cuts across our path. Husband was forced to slam on the brakes, and just as we were setting off again, the car behind bumped into us. Not their fault either, or the car behind them, but a 3rd car who had come up to the intersection after the light had changed, was focused on the green light and not on the stopped vehicles.

The police charged the rear car driver, and were totally uninterested in taking the taxi's reg number, which I had, because the only offence they had committed was running a red light. The costs were all on the rear car driver as well.
    DirtyHairy likes this.

I see. Fair enough. Keeping distances is definitely a problem here. Sometimes when they tailgate I just start honking and flash the emergency signals. Gets them off my back.

DirtyHairy likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast