• 1 Post By jonastainine
  • 1 Post By Plutark
  • 2 Post By novitaconnect

Will a new logo make a difference?

Closed Thread

Will a new logo make a difference?

Was

Now

it will make a difference to the company they hired to redesign it!

East_coast likes this.

I have seen similar logos all too often already, except they are usually for air transport. In this case, the tram is not known for its speediness but rather as a genteel ride through the city. The old logo is representative of what the tramways are and that serves the purpose of a logo--clear, distinct and recognizable.

Is it going ahead?

I prefer the Chinese writing in the old logo, but the font in the new logo. I think the new logo showing a tram is better than the old one showing the tracks. Adding the establishment date is a good idea.

Will the logo make a difference?

Not really for me. I still occasionally ride the tram, but not very often. A few years ago I worked evenings in a very cold building and lived on HK island near the tram line. At those times I quite enjoyed riding the tram home - the time taken was similar to a bus as there were few traffic hold ups, but the ride was smoother than a bus or minibus as their drivers always speed up and slow down sharply at traffic lights. The main benefit was the relaxing way to end the day in a non air conditioned environment.

I don't think it will make a difference but I prefer the new one as it comes across as something historical which they are.

rickyross, shri and Kiz like this.

The retro theme works perfectly here, very fitting of the company. Love the flat color and logo, well done!

New one looks retro so it is more appropriate.

shri likes this.

Oooooops, what a colossal mistake I made, I think..... If the green one is the new logo,then it is befitting. But I still don't see the tracks, just flight paths in the red one.

drumbrake and shri like this.

@novitaconnect - I agree. the new one seems much better and on brand. The graphic tells us exactly what we need to know. The first one ... could be any generic corporate logo without the name of the company.

I suspect 99.9% of tram riders couldn't give a monkeys about the logo.
    Remember the 10-15M USD spent on BrandHK?

I was just listening to this last night. It fits right in here:

Negative Space: Logo Design with Michael Bierut - 99% Invisible