Like Tree86Likes

Is there really a need for a National Anthem Law?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

...and what if you're a foreigner? Even as a HK'er can't one just claim he doesn't know the song?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    ...and what if you're a foreigner? Even as a HK'er can't one just claim he doesn't know the song?
    I guess that will depend

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    You don't need to know the song to stand!
    Mat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    You don't need to know the song to stand!
    when I 1st went to Thailand many many moons ago, went to watch a movie with a mate, the Thai National Anthem suddenly came on in the beginning and everyone that was in the cinema stood up, we automatically stood up as well not knowing WTF was going on but we assumed it had to be important.

So if you hear a song being played and people suddenly stand up, this is a notification to get the feck up and stand as well LOL

So if you hear a song being played and people suddenly stand up, this is a notification to get the feck up and stand as well LOL
    I've seen such behaviour at concerts too.
    chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    when I 1st went to Thailand many many moons ago, went to watch a movie with a mate, the Thai National Anthem suddenly came on in the beginning and everyone that was in the cinema stood up, we automatically stood up as well not knowing WTF was going on but we assumed it had to be important.

As I've said before, not standing in the Philippines can get you deported.
    chuckster007 likes this.

In Canada they play it in school every morning and teachers yell "freeeeeze".

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    What happens if you don't stand. Communal tutting?

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    In Canada they play it in school every morning and teachers yell "freeeeeze".
    Is it compulsary?

Have you read the National Anthem Law of Canada?

http://lois-laws.justice.gc.ca/PDF/N-2.pdf

no 'threats' from the state over use just the sheet music and stating it is in the public domain.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Is it compulsary?

Have you read the National Anthem Law of Canada?

http://lois-laws.justice.gc.ca/PDF/N-2.pdf

no 'threats' from the state over use just the sheet music and stating it is in the public domain.
    Did I say that?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast