Like Tree38Likes

Fecking careless selfish drivers!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    So car speed is more important than pedestrians then? That's the implication of your statement. I don't think it's true. Car drivers are basically selfishly insulated in there bubbles while pedestrians are probably walking to and from, or standing at, bus stops taking socially responsible and environmentally sustainable transport options. And there are a shit load more of them than car drivers. So the cars should slow down. And most of those roads you list are so congested that slowing would improve the congestion not worsten it. Everyone going slowly improves traffic flows.
    Should? Surely you have been in HK long enough to know what you think should happen does not matter.
    Topeka likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster:
    Should? Surely you have been in HK long enough to know what you think should happen does not matter.
    Should leads to law eventually (aka UK) if common sensr does not make something happen.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Should leads to law eventually (aka UK) if common sensr does not make something happen.
    Common sense? Been here for a decade and am yet to really experience that.

Common sense? Been here for a decade and am yet to really experience that.
    To everything it's time.

I thought it was against the law because my friend failed his driving test in the UK because he splashed a pedestrian.

It should be against the law because it shows the driver is not aware of the road conditions and surroundings. If you see ice on the road, drive slowly. if there is heavy rain, also drive slowly...

while we're doing the rain rants, what about those people who stand at MTR exits and block everyone? Go big or go home!

Original Post Deleted
    But does that actually cover splashing people? I have never heard of anyone in HK being prosecuted for splashing people.

This ain't the UK. What works there does not automatically work here. Not much point saying : "But that is what happens in the UK". Well, this ain't the UK, so that point is moot.

Knowing HK now, I suspect if the OP does report this to the police, their response will likely be:"Welcome to HK".

Original Post Deleted
    It would take an even more special person to consider that lack of reasonable consideration as a crime.

Am I the only driver that actually does this to pedestrians deliberately?

Original Post Deleted
    I don't give a toss about the law as it is written. What is written and what happens is not the same.