Like Tree38Likes

Fecking careless selfish drivers!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Original Post Deleted
    Oh I see you are the resident smart ass troll. Nice to know.

Original Post Deleted
    But its one thing for the law to say that and another thing as to whether its enforced. Its illegal to tail gate too, but that happens all the time in HK. I'm not going to hold my breath to see any prosecution over splashing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Topeka:
    But its one thing for the law to say that and another thing as to whether its enforced. Its illegal to tail gate too, but that happens all the time in HK. I'm not going to hold my breath to see any prosecution over splashing people.
    I don't think anyone will get prosecuted for this unless it causes real damage. But it's the threat of prosecution that people worry about?

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:
    I don't think anyone will get prosecuted for this unless it causes real damage. But it's the threat of prosecution that people worry about?
    They think they are in early 20th Century London and can't understand why Hong Kongers don't think the same.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Yes.

The driver is causing an actual damage. When there is water and people on the pavement within reach I slow down. Doesn't need special skills, just a little bit courtesy to others.
    If you think there is a commodity called 'courtesy' here in HK you haven't lived here long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by keieich:
    If you think there is a commodity called 'courtesy' here in HK you haven't lived here long enough.
    There certainly is when you look at HK positively. Or go to China and see how much friendlier HK is.

PS: Seems I hit a nerve with all the selfish shit drivers here that lack driving skill and courtesy. Luckily it's just a small minority.
    TheBrit likes this.

There certainly is when you look at HK positively. Or go to China and see how much friendlier HK is.

PS: Seems I hit a nerve with all the selfish shit drivers here that lack driving skill and courtesy. Luckily it's just a small minority.
    Hk definitely needs more polite drivers like you, but I think the bit about reporting it to police and splashing pedestrains being illegal in the UK is what people ITT have a problem with.

In an ideal world, drivers would get prosecuted for this type of behavior, but when you see that issues like illegal parking and idling engines are rarely enforced, the chances of drivers being arrested for splashing pedestrians seems highly unlikely. Very unfortunate but it would seem difficult to prove. That being said, remember the license, report it to police if anyone gets splashed and leave it to the police.

The question of whether or UK law should apply in HK is a whole different topic entirely.

I love the splash - when I'm free to splash with no people nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    In an ideal world, drivers would get prosecuted for this type of behavior, but when you see that issues like illegal parking and idling engines are rarely enforced, the chances of drivers being arrested for splashing pedestrians seems highly unlikely.
    You mix 2 things up here. Police goes around and give illegal parking tickets most of the time, they rarely get calls to take action (I presume). When you have an issue you report, that's a different thing.

Generally about driving in HK, it's largely OK. Here and then there are drivers with no light, full headlight, rear fog lights. Recently I see drivers putting on the emergency indicators during rain on the highways. So light is certainly a weak spot in HK that many fail to understand. But other then that it's more or less fine.

Recently I see drivers putting on the emergency indicators during rain on the highways. So light is certainly a weak spot in HK that many fail to understand. But other then that it's more or less fine.
    Hitting the hazard lights whenever traffic slows, during heavy rain or when there are actual hazards isn't a new or recent thing by any stretch of the imagination.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5