Like Tree42Likes

USS Ronald Reagan in town next week

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Given their recent record... any vessel at any speed.

(Sorry, could not resist it..)
    This is the transcript of a radio conversation of a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October, 1995. Radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations 10-10-95.

Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.

Canadians: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: This is the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln, the second largest ship in the United States' Atlantic fleet. We are accompanied by three destroyers, three cruisers and numerous support vessels. I demand that YOU change your course 15 degrees north, that's one five degrees north, or countermeasures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.

Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

There is a lookout point over on the NE corner of Lantau that would probably be your closest shore viewing location.

https://www.google.com.hk/maps/place...!4d114.0533303

I visited today with some Cub Scouts. Got to walk through the hangar deck, ride the elevator to the flight deck, and then back again. Didn't get to walk the entire flight line--just stayed near the control tower, but still was pretty cool.

biffski likes this.

Hey all, I'm just wondering if anyone here has been on the ship tours for the past two days, if so I'd like to know through what means did you get the opportunity to board the ship. I'd really like to visit the ship before it leaves on friday/sat so if anyone has information regarding visits in the upcoming days it would be great to know

Quote Originally Posted by R8a8:
    Hey all, I'm just wondering if anyone here has been on the ship tours for the past two days, if so I'd like to know through what means did you get the opportunity to board the ship. I'd really like to visit the ship before it leaves on friday/sat so if anyone has information regarding visits in the upcoming days it would be great to know
    Tickets are available at 7-11. Go ask.

chuckster007 likes this.

No Chance!!!

@civil_servant well thanks for the warm welcome to this forum
    @chuckster007 can you elaborate on that?

just wondering if has anyone been on board and how the experience was...

@civil_servant well thanks for the warm welcome to this forum
    @chuckster007 can you elaborate on that?

You're welcome. I suggest you start at page 1 on this thread. Everything gets explained there.
    HowardCoombs and Sebastien-F like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Great shot TigerSun

@ chuckster007 can you elaborate on that?

As stated by Pengiuinsix who went aboard as he was officially invited so for you to try to get onboard is again NO CHANCE

Unless you are part of an officially sanctioned group arranged by the Consulate or the military. The general public is not allowed on board.