Like Tree15Likes

Predicting T8 at 9am

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Directly from the hko website:

According to the present forecast track, Khanun is expected to pass about 200 kilometers southwest of Hong Kong in the next few hours. The Gale or Storm Signal No. 8 is expected to remain in force for most of the afternoon.

We are in tsuen wan right now. Went to see Blade runner first before deciding to hike. But the weather is calmer than many hikes in NZ so we will head out later. Now trying to figure out if we have to get to Shatin via MTR or via GMB. From here GMB usually takes 10 mins. MTR perhaps an hour...given its running slow. But all the LAMB buses have apparently stopped running. Crazy given how calm it is.

it might be fine in your location but the wind speed is gusting 70-80 kmh in some places

Fantastic brunch by the sea in a 5* - looks windy but the champ sure helps forgetting all this nonesense
    ok will get my coat and out

In case anyone else wants to know, GMB not operating (at least around Tsuen Wan) but no problem getting Uber. Many cabs, all with "out of service" cards up... All picking up locals. Ignored us.

most buses stopped around 10am according to RTHK

Almost all bus services suspended over storm - RTHK

I'm staying with friends in Lower Cheung Sha, Lantau - woke up this morning to extreme winds but little to no rain. Now, looking at Lantau and Sunset peaks - no visibility whatsoever. Extremely high winds with rain coming from the SE. If it wasn't this bad, I would be out hiking, too....

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Fantastic brunch by the sea in a 5* - looks windy but the champ sure helps forgetting all this nonesense
    ok will get my coat and out
    Same here. I was having breakfast brunch in Mui Wo by the water this morning after T8 went up, waters were crested but otherwise it was calmer than expected.
    Mat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    In case anyone else wants to know, GMB not operating (at least around Tsuen Wan) but no problem getting Uber. Many cabs, all with "out of service" cards up... All picking up locals. Ignored us.
    Lots of cabs available in tst east but they want double the normal price.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Many cabs, all with "out of service" cards up... All picking up locals. Ignored us.
    There is a reason for that.
    Locals know the rules and pay extra.
    Gweilos demand being taken to all sorts places in the middle of T8 and wont pay extra surcharges...
    gigglinggal likes this.