Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree24Likes

CCP's pervasive mainlandization project

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    So you agree. The Pan Dems have no chance of winning a majority so they just need enough seats to stop LegCo rules being twisted to negate the chamber. The mix doesn't matter so much as they are just in effect a protest 'opposition'.
    The fact that I haven't even mentioned Pan Dems or LegCo, but was simply speaking of legislators who support independence should make you realize that you're proceeding to mouth stuffing.

Better to have a few people who are more vocal and make sure society know what's being rammed through LegCo.
    Yes, it was fantastic. I suggest you review your political strategy.

You stated meeting a US senator was 'the nail in the coffin that put him under.' That doesn't sound one way or the other.
    One could make the case that the decision to review sentencing could have been influenced by this step. Of course, there's no way to tell for sure. Just a hypothesis.

Doesn't help either that he called for self-determination in the WSJ.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant
    The fact that I haven't even mentioned Pan Dems or LegCo, but was simply speaking of legislators who support independence should make you realize that you're proceeding to mouth stuffing.
    We'll have to agree to disagree. Voting for a radical politician that will never EVER have power sounds like a protest vote.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant
    Doesn't help either that he called for self-determination in the WSJ.
    Doesn't help what?

The next article in the series is out:

HKFP: City of broken promises: Is self-determination the only way left for Hong Kong?
    22 October 2017
    Kong Tsung-gan

East_coast likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234