Like Tree27Likes

New HKID Design & Replacement Program

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New HKID Design & Replacement Program

Design of new Hong Kong smart identity card revealed | South China Morning Post
    About 8.8 million existing cards will be replaced starting from the fourth quarter of next year.
    The Immigration Department will set up nine replacement centres across the city. The exercise will take four years to complete.
    It will feature a new see-through window bearing the card number in the top right-hand corner. An image of the Hong Kong skyline will appear when the back of the card is examined under UV light.
    The cards will support wireless technology and have expanded storage capacity for a higher-resolution photo to support facial recognition technology. They are meant to provide a platform for alternative biometric authentication on top of fingerprint verification.

RFID - great, another thing to confuse my Octopus card...

Original Post Deleted
    I wish the Octopus gates at my office building were so smart....
    I need to get the positioning just right for the mish-mash of RFID signals to work correctly...

I love the concept of RFID, but having a bunch of RFID cards in the small confines of a wallet seems to cause plenty of issues for me at least..

FWIW, I've got about 6 RFID cards in my wallet

I wish the Octopus gates at my office building were so smart....
    I need to get the positioning just right for the mish-mash of RFID signals to work correctly...
    Similar experience in couple of parking lots. Need to remove my Octopus out of the wallet or my HSBC credit card for the reader to work.

But it just seems like I got my last ID card yesterday... (2013)

Wonder if they will finally incorporate driving license data into the new ID card, a much promised featured of the first "smart" ID card which never materialised.

Skyhook likes this.

New HKID design

Looks kinda like the new HRP.

Suspect there will be an uptick of

until the government bans them as unpatriotic.

Fenix2 likes this.

https://sc.mp/2nev

Quote from SCMP article:

“The authority also advises members of the public to get plenty of sleep beforehand to look fresh and lively for the photo.”

East_coast, inf_777 and JAherbert like this.

How very 1984.

Citizens must be happy and fresh looking.

Just kidding...

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Suspect there will be an uptick of ...
    Note: you can't have a RFID safe wallet and complain that you need to take your your Octopus every time.
    East_coast likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast